My Chinese 365XP copies...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand these saws are at a decent pricepoint compared to their treu counterpoints, but they aren't considered to be disposable in my book at that price.

If you break some parts what can you do to replace them?

Are the equivalent Husky parts direct bolt ons?

How about the parts that have constant wear and tear i.e:sprockets, bars, air filters, fuel lines and so on?

Where would one get a carb kit for this thing?

CT

Remember our sense of humor, watching the vid. reminded me of my woodcutting friend trying to start his Husky. I would also purchase a real Husky over a Chinese one.

Cool enough, some times any saw can be hard to start, for different reasons!

Last edited:
I understand these saws are at a decent pricepoint compared to their treu counterpoints, but they aren't considered to be disposable in my book at that price.

How about the parts that have constant wear and tear i.e:sprockets, bars, air filters, fuel lines and so on?

CT

Good question, and the answer probably is NO to everything, unless by "accident".

I know this has stirred up a hornet's nest and I actually did expect that.
Truth is though that if these copies were crap everybody would be laughing and joking. Truth is they are not crap and a few people's eyes here have been well and truly opened to what is going on in this big nasty world.

For those that think I enjoy supporting China you are well and truly wrong. I threw a brand new pack of Wrigley's mints in the bin this morning after reading they were made in China. Foodstuffs is one thing I will NOT buy from China. Food is a far bigger threat to the US and Australian economy than a couple of Husky 365 knock offs ever will be.

I really do appreciate the responses as none have really gotten personal which is what I hoped. We have giant Chinese corporates touring our countryside every day snapping up whatever agricultural land they see fit, only 25% of the new Holden (GM) Cruze is from Australian suppliers etc etc. Anybody who thinks their economy and jobs are under threat from a few chainsaws really need to look past their eyelids.

Husky would probably not care at all about saws like these. Did the Chinese manufacturer ramp up production just for me? No, I'm sure they sell thousands of these inside China and other Asian/African countries. When, however, someone starts selling them inside more controlled markets, with Husky badges, and claiming them to BE Huskies that's when I well and truly draw the line. If some of the guys here checked eBay and looked at what knock offs are for sale they'd probably have a real coronary.

CT

Although not guaranteed I'm pretty sure every part on this saw, apart from the carby kit, can be substitued with OEM Husky parts. I don't class these saws to be disposable either. I believe they are just a bit too well made for that. All constant wear parts you mention are fine. The bars are a standard Husky mount, the rim sprocket is standard 3/8" 7 pin, fuel lines are standard etc etc.

Remember though, although quite obviously a Husky 365 knock off, the manufacturer, my supplier, or myself, have never said or claimed that they are a Husqvarna 365.

I believe you adressed this early in the thread - but it still is a major issue that you have the stomac to deal with people like that - they have scammers that sell their their products around the world! :notrolls2:

I hate to break it to everybody here that thinks they are better then Matt because they didn't buy a Husqachicom 365XP!! Is full of **** and had better take a good LONG HARD LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

I run 365sp's as my main saws,Ill be getting one of these to see the differnce.

IMHO the 365 husky falls apart anyway with daily punishment from crew members i only really plan on getting 24 months out of them before its sell time.

Have 2 with BB kits as well.

Interesting thanks for sharing.

I was at Ace hardware an hour ago. I bought a "Master Mechanic" hammer, a long time American brand. The handle is "classic Tennessee Hickory." The head is "made in China."

Latest posts

Back