My Chinese 365XP copies...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really think so? Do you think I am going to import these en masse? Do you think that somebody who has AUD$400 to spend is actually in the market for an AUD$1300 365 anyway?
On a grand scale, anybody in the market for a saw like this will never have bought a big name saw anyway. Those that want a 365 will still buy one.

As mentioned what this thread has shown is don't underestimate the Chinese as they don't care what they copy and inside China nobody can touch them.

Anyway, it's Saturday yet I still have to go to work to support this great country of ours and pay more taxes. What are you doing this weekend to support yours?

I believe that !
not now, of course, but as years go by and if the fake Husky proves a good saw and word spreads around, I think then some peoples will seriously consider the chinese as an alternative for the real 365 therefore stealing customers away, customers that otherwise (or at the moment) would need a reliable saw and would have gone to Husky for 365. sorry but it is what I think.

EDIT: in Romania I see many guys, that cut firewood for a living, even working at the forest with chinese saws. when you look at them and see how many problems they have with the saws, you can`t believe that a professional would chose a saw like that. and you are amazed by the dexterity with which they open the saw in situ and fix the problem. I am not talking about fine, reliable copy of Husqvarna 365, I am talking about completely unknown chinese saws. One of them is my uncle, that has the same saw I first bought; he`s been working that "thing" for two years now and it is happy with it. he paid 30$ for it.

Last edited:
$400 or $1000 ill take 2 of the copys and still have $200 spare to down payment on another!!!

Hope there good copys,after all i bet the BB kit for them is chinese manufactured!

Sorry Matt.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I try and not buy anything that is blatant ripoff of others hard work and engineering. Unions and Bill aren't the issue here, people and companies willing to save a buck by buying junk! from communist countries are. My .02

The Union and it's workers is what caused the price of goods
to go so high that a non union worker couldn't by the products.
In the 1970's men on automotive Assembly line were getting
$18 per hour for slapping on hub caps and striking for more money.
Plus they where turning out JUNK cars. If the Japanese cars
hadn't showed up no tell what kind of junk the US auto makers
would be putting out today.

So if we wanted to pay our bills with our non-union wages and
keep the banker from our door we had to buy the cheaper priced
products. In my mind Big Union are the enemy.

Yes, Union's were needed years ago but their greed is killing this county.
They are still at it yet today, right in the back pocket of big "O" :mad:
Then Bill and his NFTA, it took awhile for the company's to move down
south of the boarder and get shop set up
but over the past ten years it has been putting the hurt on the U.S.

=========================================================

Thought i would share this insight into chinese built excavators it makers a strong point.

The forecast is that their construction equipment market is going to sell 900,000 machines in 2010, growing to 1,400,000 machines in 2012. To put this into perspective, China will buy 83,000 excavators this year, which is virtually equal to the entire North American sales of all earth moving machines combined. With such a strong domestic market ready to soak up any available production capacity at the standard they currently manufacture to, for many factories, changing production and accommodating a higher quality standard to meet export requirements is not a high priority. Much of the product that is available is “take it as is, or leave it”. Parts that are easily available are often cheap, as opposed to good value for money.

A friend of a friend works in the boot hill of Missouri in lead mining.
He said all the lead they were pulling out of the ground was going
to China. Also the mining Co. was having a hard time finding tires
for any of the mining equipment, they were told China was buying
all of them and paying top dollar. the only tires they could get
was low quality brand tires.

TT

Its been said time and time again that years ago anything made in Japan was junk, but look at them now, some of the better stuff is made there, well China is headed in the same direction. May take a few years but they will get there. We used to worry about China's nuclear activity, not so much anymore. Our real worry's lie elsewhere at the hands of our own doing. REJ2

Last edited:
Sent my wife to the store last night to buy a package of light bulbs. I said make sure they are "USA" made. She bought home a box of GE"s. I replaced the burnt out bulb, wouldnt work, got another bulb out of the box, it wouldnt work either, thought the socket must be bad or connection, worked a hour tearing every thing apart and checking it. Couldnt find any thing wrong. Took a bulb out of another place in the house, worked fine, got the magnifying glass out and looked at the "GE" bulb and on base "made in China" With all the agiveration, and gas to take it back, stand in return line, argue with cashier, (because it has been opened) no wonder I am a grench at Christimas time. Maybe we should make a movie called "The Chinaman who stole Christmas". Oh while I am on the bulb subject. Wife put up the Christmas tree the other day. Had two string of lights from last year, (made in China) a total of seven bulbs were bad. She went to the store and bulbs were three to a pack. $4. each, she bought three packs, Then seen a new string of lights on sale (10 bulbs) for $5. I told her no way was I going to unwind the lights off the tree and put on the new string. I just took the bulbs out of the new lights and put them on the old string. Told her to take the three:hmm3grin2orange: pack of bulbs back and get a refund and makes me almost want to put the burnt out bulbs in the new string and have her take them back also and ask for a refund and tell them to ship them back to China. Remember all the old jokes about "how many hill billies does it take to screw in a light bulb". How many Chinamen does it take to make a light bulb that works? Oh well, I guess if my house doesnt burn down I'll live through it.:bang::

i would buy 1 of those knock offs IF i was only cutting maybe 1 cord a year,,it sounds likeit runs good and pretty decently made,,,i have to say too after all this ready,,,,,,, we all know where the U.S. jobs are,,,IN FREAKING CHINA!!!!everything mentioned in this thread was made here instead of china most everybody would have a job,,sorry for venting on this thread,,just ticks me off knowing where all the jobs are

If Im out loggen I wont care who sell what, MAN what a load of my butt, sorry to hijack this thread MCW:bowdown:

If a competitor is using MIC equipment that reduces his overhead, which in turn allows them to underbid you, you might care.

Even if you're working for someone, the above /\ scenario could affect your employer, which in turn could affect your pay, hours, or having a job.

Back again guys.
Once again I appreciate all the comments and like our country, it is quite obvious that as far as Chinese made products creeping in and affecting your jobs, these chainsaws are the least of our worries.
I drove about 120 miles yesterday afternoon to pick up a 40' tree ladder off a mate and gave him one of these 365 knock offs as a part trade. Now he already has a genuine 365 and it was quite interesting putting them side by side. For one the knock off was noticably heavier but other than the stickers and the different writing on the carby they were identical.

Fair enough that a few people here have mentioned that I shouldn't have bought them, but let's be honest, I'm a microscopic player in a massive arena as far as this goes.

I'm not sure whether a lot of people here are now more worried about the fact the Chinese copied a saw, or just Chinese products sneaking in to their countries. As far as the Chainsaw thread on Arboristsite goes then this may be big news?
As far as China flooding our countries with products, then look no further than our importers and bigger corporate chains looking at saving dollars. I mean nobody has hardly said a thing if somebody here purchases a Chinese made/built Stihl line trimmer.

It also pays to remember that 365's are made in Sweden so maybe they are the ones that should be worried?

Last edited:
I foresee a great future for China. Crapping on others seems to be the key of prosper. Empires did it since the dawn of time. I bet that if instead of China would have been the great nation of USA and they would explain better that the saws need to be counterfeited in order to bring world peace and free some nation from their rulers tyranny then we would stand here applauding our greatness. Even more, if the fake saws would be exported to some Arab country, to serve their dire needs in the desert, getting instead some oil, then well, the picture would be complete....
I wonder if what China does is so much different.

NOTE: do not for a second assume I am not utterly repulsed by those actions.

cheers and remember: tiz the season to be jolly/ la la la la la la la....

Hey, I just realized that I have also chosen the easy way (cheapest way in this case): instead of buying the 346 XP from Romania for 866$ and support local economy, I ordered it from the states for 489.95 + 3.2$/kg shipping.

am I not just as bad ? (ok, maybe not JUST AS)

and somehow it is hard for me to feel bad about it.
all I feel is joy and excitement: "when will I get it?" kind of excitement.

I'm not sure whether a lot of people here are now more worried about the fact the Chinese copied a saw, or just Chinese products sneaking in to their countries. As far as the Chainsaw thread on Arboristsite goes then this may be big news?
As far as China flooding our countries with products, then look no further than our importers and bigger corporate chains looking at saving dollars. I mean nobody has hardly said a thing if somebody here purchases a Chinese made/built Stihl line trimmer.

It also pays to remember that 365's are made in Sweden so maybe they are the ones that should be worried?

doesnt surprise me at all, remember the norinco guns you could get 20 years ago and most all of them was decent guns you could get a 1911 clone and little browning semi auto 22, and think there was a shotgun also so there really shouldnt of been any doubt that they couldnt make a decent chainsaw but quality is still probably lacking at alot of factorys. certainly no shortage of chinese products over here and in alot of cases that may be all thats available.
but it really is huskys problem and if it is in violation of there patents im sure they will go after anyone trying to market them, even though they probably cant do anything about china making them, they can have some control in alot of areas where they may be sold, not sure what type of patent you could have on a chainsaw, as most brands the basic design is very similiar anyway.

C'mon..Everyone is always looking for the most inexpensive. That means we can buy our daughters the newest GI joe. Someone or someones... already mentioned it. China is the NEW JAPAN. BTW. I'm union and everyone I know is union...sort of.

Hey MCW nice work with your report and efforts on this saw.
May I ask if you tested the saws auto inertia chain brake feature, if so is it fit for purpose.

A curious contract tree co with me got 2 similar ebay chink jobs early this year heck the bar n chain was worth more than the whole lot. The crew interested to see worked em hard. One got crushed the other performed Ok to a point. I asked last week how they are and report was that now they pretty much stay in the work shop as they found they disliked them in the end low power smokie bit kept fallin off etc etc.

My home town shoe factory used to employ nearly 400 people. Now a Norinco/BSA warranty repair center employing aprox. 20. A few years ago I worked in an auto dealership. Was amazed how many branded replacement parts said Made In China. I heard the Creator made everything. If true, he must be Chinese....

Where do you get them? Looks alright, would be fun to tinker on.....

Hey MCW nice work with your report and efforts on this saw.
May I ask if you tested the saws auto inertia chain brake feature, if so is it fit for purpose.

Good point mate. No I haven't actually tested it in wood so to speak as I've tried before to intentionally set off a chain brake and it is a lot harder than most people think unless it is nicely worn in. I've also found it to be quite a violent and chain stretching procedure. Now you mentioned it though I'll have to give it a go :)

well it is interesting. Those are some very nice looking saws. If they got the metallurgy right all the hardening and heat treating of the components and bearings, and spent the extra dollars to get good rubber in the seals then they will have built a contender. It is only a matter of time before they figure out that the cheapest process isn't always the best. When they get that figured out the rest of the manufacturing world is going to be in a world of hurt. When they start delivering quality the game will be over.

Then the rest of the world will just have to invent to keep one production cycle ahead of them.

Early days but in all honesty there is no way of telling whether or not they have the metallurgy right. If they have then these are a better deal than first thought.

Where do you get them? Looks alright, would be fun to tinker on.....

I'm not sure which manufacturer is making them mate. My chinese supplier sourced them for me and there are at least three companies doing knock offs of the 365. The ones I have are apparently the best of the lot and I'd tend to believe it.

Dear Abby: Question: Lets say I want to take my Stihl out of the safe. If I am going to the woods and be there all day where my hands are on it and can be watched all day. Ok. But suppose I got to run all over ever where that day, Lowes, Home Depot, stop by hardware, stop and go in a resturant and eat, stop by and get gas, go to TSC to get something for the tractor. My chain saw is in the back of my truck, exposed at all times, just waiting for some low life to take it. Say I have $150, and want to buy a 45 to 50 cc saw, to use as a loner, throw in in the back of the truck, when exposed. Which is the best deal?, Buy a Polan or Sears, a reconditioned Homelite, or a China made saw, off E-bay, (I think there is one called "Big Jack") (or sold by Big Jacks trading $105.) or one of the imports that Northern Hydraulics is selling. Which is the best value? I wont loan out my Stihl, hate to be a grench, wife wont let me haul my Stihl in the cab, between us. Please Abby, do I buy a pit bull, or just put my wife in the back of the truck and my Stihl in the cab or buy a China saw?.:hmm3grin2orange:

i would buy 1 of those knock offs IF i was only cutting maybe 1 cord a year,,it sounds likeit runs good and pretty decently made,,,i have to say too after all this ready,,,,,,, we all know where the U.S. jobs are,,,IN FREAKING CHINA!!!!everything mentioned in this thread was made here instead of china most everybody would have a job,,sorry for venting on this thread,,just ticks me off knowing where all the jobs are

Sorry bro, I just don't understand your point :confused:

Latest posts

Back