My Collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnlyHomelites

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well I was cleaning up my saws this weekend, doing all of the maintenance to get them in top shape for the next season. Since I had them out of the attic, figured I'd snap a pic. On the back, far left is an XL-400 I repainted. The middle back is an XL-870, which isn't much different than a SXL-925. It looks like crap, but it's got 150 PSI compression and runs that 27" chain like a raped-ape! The Super XL on the far right was what I put my time into yesterday; I bought the saw about 13 years ago and since then I must've cut over 50 cords with it. So I decided to be nice and treat it to a fresh set of rings (really didn't need them once I got into it), new clutch, new sprocket rim, fresh body parts, carb kit etc... Now it's back to 3-pull cold starts like when it was new! The Super 2's up front are good limbing, brushing and general dirty work saws. Anyhow, here's my obsession!

298272767.jpg

Nice Homies, Homey....

As far as obsessions go, your's is not too bad.
We all have to have one....

Agood group of cool saws. That xl400 looks great. One of these days I'll post some pics of my homies. I love a good runnin homelite.

Nice

I love those old homies bro... I just got a Super XL, I used to run'em all the time. I traded my old cousin my 011AVT for it. Sentimental and all since I used to run those old homies all the time. I'll get a pic and show ya... Great pic ya got there and a super nice collection bro. That's one gold star for you, heheheheheehe

:cheers:

Nice pack of ground pounders you got there...Anti Vibe all the way :D

Antivibe: Thick gloves and a couple beers when done cutting.

Seriously though, thanks for the comments; there's something satisfying about bringing in the wood year after year with these old saws!

Nice collection. They sure made some good saws back in the day.

i sure as heck wouldn't want to run one every day like i do my saws...but im acquring a sweet spot for these older saws

nice saws

Nice group of Homelites! I've been meaning to ask how you like the XL-400? Can you tell a big difference between it and the SXL?

Dan

Got a question on the color scheme on the XL-870. One of my XL-12's has that same red, green and white, and a chrome muffler. What time frame did Homelite use these colors?

Got a question on the color scheme on the XL-870. One of my XL-12's has that same red, green and white, and a chrome muffler. What time frame did Homelite use these colors?

I have a C-91 that uses the red/green. Its from the mid 60s. Most Homelites I'm aware of with reg/green are from early to late 60s. Mr. Acres site shows the Xl-870 as manufactured in '69.

Dan

Latest posts

Back