My crappy weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggenius29

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Boy did this weekend suck.

My wife is a nurse and this is her weekend to work, my mom said she would watch both our kids so I could get alot done yesterday.

My plan was to get alot of wood split today. I have about 10 cord of huge maple all quaratered up ready to be split. I just put a new engine on my splitter, so I was good to go. This engine came off of a generator, it only had 60 hours on it, so literly brand new. I had problems with the govener surging so bad on my splitter, so I took the govener off and put a throttle cable on so it wouldnt surge. She was running fine for about 15 minuits and it started to surge, I still cant figure it out. At least I got a little split, then all of a suden SNAP! The cylinder ram was crystalized a it snapped, granted this is a 2 1/2" ram.

So, then I deside to give myself and my fiscars a workout and split by hand. All is going well, I got quite a bit split, I get to a piece that is refusing to seperate so I get the sledge and a wedge, get the wedge placed in and get it a ways in and deside to go to town. The wedge comes flying out of the round and nails me right in the shin. I the gave up on that job.

I have some Cherry that I fell this spring that needed to be cut up out back and I just about finished up and a brand new chain flew off, I went to put it on and I find I broke 4 drive links off:clap::clap: by this time I am pissed, I dont get pissed to quick, that saw went flying, Dolmars are built pretty good.

I loaded the gator up with a load of wood, make a sharp turn into my yard and there goes my tire, I saw it was a little soft but figured it would make it home, I guess not.

At this point it is about 5, I say piss on it, I'm going to get the kids. I didnt feel like finding anything to eat so I call the local pizza shop to find they are no longer in buisness, so I call another one in the next town. Go to get the kids just to come to a grumpy mom because our youngest son was just a little off all day, oh well, I didnt think anything about it, he has his days. We go to pick up the pizza and I about #### myself when the guy rings me up for $28, yea, for one large deluxe pizza.

We get home and yea, my mom was right, our son was not acting right, he was way off. My wife gets home, checks his temp and he has a 103 degree fever.

Just when I thought it couldnt get any worse, he didnt sleep all night, and because my wife had to work today, I was the lucky one to stay up with him.

Oh yea, my shin, I can hardly put any weight on my leg and the whole thing is black and blue.

Is it Monday yet????? I want to go to work.

Don't feel bad, I just mashed the juice and a chunk of meat off my pinky with a wrecking bar. Ouch.

Ian

Thank goodness

I mean I'm not trying to add to your crappy day but I'm glad to hear that stuff happens to others - I was feeling like it was just me...

Had MANY of those (a couple of weeks ago I had both saws crap out on me, my Jeep's cooling system decided it didn't need to be sealed any longer. Then of course when lighting the boiler I neglected to open the valves and cooked both pumps).

I mean I'm not trying to add to your crappy day but I'm glad to hear that stuff happens to others - I was feeling like it was just me...

Had MANY of those (a couple of weeks ago I had both saws crap out on me, my Jeep's cooling system decided it didn't need to be sealed any longer. Then of course when lighting the boiler I neglected to open the valves and cooked both pumps).

Good then, I'm glad I am not the only one.

It seems like whenever I want to get something done something either comes up, or something breaks.

When it rains it pours.

Hope your son gets well soon, that's a pretty high fever.

My five year old girl had a sleep over last night. They crashed at 10pm, and god knows why woke up at 3am and started partying like it was 1999. My eyes are burning, and thanks to daylight savings it's not even 3pm yet. I see a little Windsor in the near future.

Sometimes you just have to give up. Tomorrow is another day.

Things will get better my friend.:cheers:

I stopped trying to schedule work days. Always feels like Mr. Murphy likes to torpedo that time.

I get the most done after work. I must sneak up on Mr. Murphy and surprise him or something cause he normally leaves me a lone then:clap:

Murphy's law = :censored::buttkick:

Tomorrow is another day:clap:

I stopped trying to schedule work days. Always feels like Mr. Murphy likes to torpedo that time.

I get the most done after work. I must sneak up on Mr. Murphy and surprise him or something cause he normally leaves me a lone then:clap:

Murphy's law = :censored::buttkick:

Tomorrow is another day:clap:

My problem is my boss is a real pain in the ass. I hate that SOB, making me work 60 hours a week minimum, the past 2 months it has been 90-100, with no overtime. It always seems when I want to some work around the house he has other plans for me.

BTW, I am my own boss......

we got a saying here on the farm "if it was not for bad luck then u would not have any luck at all"..........."and tomorrow ant even touch yet"

That sucks, sounds like one of my days. Maybe you got my luck, my life has been running pretty smooth for a couple weeks. I'm hoping Murphy got tired of me and left, but I suspect he'll be back.

Seating beads on ATV tires sux butt. Got ether?

BTW tell yer boss to lighten up LOL!

Boy did this weekend suck.

My wife is a nurse and this is her weekend to work, my mom said she would watch both our kids so I could get alot done yesterday.

My plan was to get alot of wood split today. I have about 10 cord of huge maple all quaratered up ready to be split. I just put a new engine on my splitter, so I was good to go. This engine came off of a generator, it only had 60 hours on it, so literly brand new. I had problems with the govener surging so bad on my splitter, so I took the govener off and put a throttle cable on so it wouldnt surge. She was running fine for about 15 minuits and it started to surge, I still cant figure it out. At least I got a little split, then all of a suden SNAP! The cylinder ram was crystalized a it snapped, granted this is a 2 1/2" ram.

So, then I deside to give myself and my fiscars a workout and split by hand. All is going well, I got quite a bit split, I get to a piece that is refusing to seperate so I get the sledge and a wedge, get the wedge placed in and get it a ways in and deside to go to town. The wedge comes flying out of the round and nails me right in the shin. I the gave up on that job.

I have some Cherry that I fell this spring that needed to be cut up out back and I just about finished up and a brand new chain flew off, I went to put it on and I find I broke 4 drive links off:clap::clap: by this time I am pissed, I dont get pissed to quick, that saw went flying, Dolmars are built pretty good.

I loaded the gator up with a load of wood, make a sharp turn into my yard and there goes my tire, I saw it was a little soft but figured it would make it home, I guess not.

At this point it is about 5, I say piss on it, I'm going to get the kids. I didnt feel like finding anything to eat so I call the local pizza shop to find they are no longer in buisness, so I call another one in the next town. Go to get the kids just to come to a grumpy mom because our youngest son was just a little off all day, oh well, I didnt think anything about it, he has his days. We go to pick up the pizza and I about #### myself when the guy rings me up for $28, yea, for one large deluxe pizza.

We get home and yea, my mom was right, our son was not acting right, he was way off. My wife gets home, checks his temp and he has a 103 degree fever.

Just when I thought it couldnt get any worse, he didnt sleep all night, and because my wife had to work today, I was the lucky one to stay up with him.

Oh yea, my shin, I can hardly put any weight on my leg and the whole thing is black and blue.

Is it Monday yet????? I want to go to work.

I did not think that much stuff could go wrong at one time!

Really kind of sounds like my entire summer....

Lawn mower clutch fails
Lawn mower engine rod knocking and puffing out black smoke
New clutch fails, under warrenty so replaced free.

Loader arms cracked.. welded new plates.
Hydraulic arm leaking..sent in for repair- 140$ in seals and labor. Still leaks. found dent on ram. Fabricated loader to fit 2 longer cylinders...

Basement flooded.. Water up to the top of the dryer. New washer is toasted but the dryer i bought used for $20 still kickin. New electric furnace put in last year had to have a Circuit board replaced.

Putting new sump pit in and when digging down not only did I come across 1 tile line, I was right smack on the top of a T intersection...go figure

Deep well flooded. Sump pump float did not trip. Had to replace pressure switch (extended pipe so pressure switch is now 5 ft up this time)

Parents RV broke down on road.. blowed out radiator hose and also blower hose. Had to be the hottest day of the summer for me to work on it out on the road

(not going to include all the small crap that was going on)

I really cant wait for winter...

Well, it's Monday! Hope your day at work is going better than the weekend did for you. I think it's pretty common to have failures like that, maybe not all in one day, but still pretty common. Kids also seem to have quite an impact on our schedules. I was looking forward to getting some work done this past weekend with our 14 mo. old going to grandma & grandpa's house, but it still didn't happen. Wife was sick all weekend, had to work Saturday unexpectadly, and take care of our son all day Sunday. Seems like now that I'm a Dad I only get an hour or two here and there to get anything done around the house. I'd do it again in a heartbeat though. We had a great time Sunday and I still got to play with chain saws! He likes his Stihl, so I get the big box store saw! Hopefully your little one is feeling better this week. :)

attachment.php

It happens to all of us, just have to keep moving forward fast enough so that it all does not catch up. Now that I have a "Domestic Partner" I have learned I have to work twice as fast to stay ahead. Any time I am getting caught up, she can break things quick. I replaced her drivers side mirror on her car after she tore it off on the side of the garage. The next day she broke the rear door handle off. I replaced that, she backs the car up over a mailbox. I get the mailbox fixed, the tail light fixed, the next week she takes the mirror off again! I think when we run out of projects, we die.....

Latest posts

Back