my firewood score!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great deal that is...that's even beats harvesting trees out of your own back yard.

HOLY SMOKES BATMAN!!! THAT IS ALOT OF WOOD! Look's like our towns recycle-compost and it is free only 3/4 mile from my house and it is free. It is so great being able to cut like that and not even dealing with brush. :clap: :chainsaw: :clap: :chainsaw:

for THAT kind of a find... I think it might make sense to get a quote from a local freight hauler (18 wheeler) to take it all to your house in 2 loads. Maybe $150 per load? And rent a front end loader to load the truck; $150 per hour. Maybe $600 total and you're done; no one else can horn in on your find and you'll make the mill owner happy cuz it's all gone and he has room again.

If you can get it all for $600 bucks I'd say get it while the gettin is good !

KRS

for THAT kind of a find... I think it might make sense to get a quote from a local freight hauler (18 wheeler) to take it all to your house in 2 loads. Maybe $150 per load? And rent a front end loader to load the truck; $150 per hour. Maybe $600 total and you're done; no one else can horn in on your find and you'll make the mill owner happy cuz it's all gone and he has room again.

If you can get it all for $600 bucks I'd say get it while the gettin is good !

KRS

Yeah, I agree.This looks like a time for sharp elbows, and it will be easier on you and your equipment. A log loader rig would be the perfect solution.

If you are going to sell it put an ad in the paper. That should pay for your trips and time and might keep you in shape.

I put an ad in the paper for the first time yesterday. I usually take a small stack to the farmers market on Saturday mornings. I stack a few stacks and put my sign with my name and number in between the stacks.

It gets alot of attention sitting on the pavement right in front of the court house on the square. Thats is where our farmers market is at on Saturdays. It only last till noon but I always leave mine there till dark.

I use another method of selling too. I stack two split pieces on the ground and stack the wood in two`s up to about four feet high. I sell the stack for $10, because some people dont want alot of wood. They just want enough to make a fire to look at for one night, and the stack is just enough to fit right in the trunk of a car (wink)!

Its a plus too because they dont want wood around and they will usually want more in a week or so .

I'm new to AS, but after lurking for a few weeks and then joining, I'm surprised a rookie is the 1st person to ask for the location of this find. After all, he's going to have his boys there to help load, too!

Great find, that pile will keep you warm and help with the family budget at the same time.

Honestly, you can tell me where you're at, I'll only bring one trailer at a time.

Steve

026 Pro ('96)
MS 361 (Dec '08)
Wallenstein 540 Backsaver

Back