My first Husky, 372XPG pics man, PICS!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
064AV

064AV

ArboristSite Operative
Finally got a good deal at a pawn shop;) They had a 268 and this 372. Both looked pretty rough and had low compression. They wanted $125 each which was more than I'd give for a burned up 268. However when I pulled on 372 XPG I smiled inside. The wires going into the handle bars didn't bother me either. I've always wanted heated grips. They wouldn't go lower so I coughed up the cash, went straight home, pulled on the bent decomp valve with some pliers (it was STUCK), and fired it up. Good compression too :hmm3grin2orange:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I love my Stihls, but I've gotta get this saw next to my MS460! It does need some tlc and what's up with the off color tank? It feels like some kinda mount is missing on the rear end of the right side, but I've never had spring mounts so maybe that's all it is. I want to straighten the handlebars too. I feel weird being excited about a husky, but I'm gonna tear it down and check it out tomorrow...er, later today :msp_tongue:

Last edited:
064AV

064AV

ArboristSite Operative
The damaged decomp valve. I think it may be part of the carnage that bent the handlebars.
attachment.php

What are the pros and cons of a 372? Any known design flaws? Is there anyway to tell when a husky was made? Are they a good choice for a mild port job? Anything a Husky newbie should know about em?

From009to090

From009to090

ArboristSite Lurker
Good find! You might be able to tighten up the spring mounts by inserting a 4 or 5mm allen head wrench down thru the spring, and tightening up the screw that mounts the spring to the frame.

Have fun!

064AV

064AV

ArboristSite Operative
Good find! You might be able to tighten up the spring mounts by inserting a 4 or 5mm allen head wrench down thru the spring, and tightening up the screw that mounts the spring to the frame.

Have fun!

Thanks for the tip. The spring between the cylinder and handlebars turned out to be loose.

064AV

064AV

ArboristSite Operative
Damage Report

First damaged wire I found
attachment.php

Hidden screw...looks like something should fit into a pocket on the tank that that screw would go into
attachment.php

Here is the pocket on the tank and the second damaged wire
attachment.php

I'm sure some kinda "mount" goes in there. That was around the area where the saw felt weird
Tank damage:frown: Not unexpected, but disappointing just the same
attachment.php

The seam in the plastic is still intact underneath the tank, so I hope to repair it

Anyone know why that tank is such a different color from the rest of the saw? I thought the original may've been destroyed when the bars were bent, but clearly this tank was part of the saw when they got bent.
What's the best way to repair that tank damage. I've had great success with epoxy on Stihls for minor to moderate repairs.

w8ye

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yes it does but I think some of what we are seeing is a result of the color correction in the camera.

There is this same saw in a Jonsered and it is all red. The tanks will interchange

w8ye

Addicted to ArboristSite
Look at the tank pictures with the tank on the red tailgate of a truck. You can see it is orange - just darker?

There is no doubt about a Jonsered being red. they are as red as that tailgate.