My first old saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian72

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've been looking and finally got my first vintage saw. Pretty sure it's a 10-10 but haven't had the chance to get into it yet. It runs really good. I found out that Facebook is another great place to find saws. Go to the market place and just do a search. It's nice because it searches in your area. I found quite a good selection and very reasonable prices.
237bd9ba6fb0161cdcb5e205cb65907a.jpg
91e68d4f6cf42ae2f707e5835de56fb3.jpg

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Filter top cover should say. If not then look for a metal id plate near the carb. It’ll have the numbers to help Id it. Looks like a 10-10.

Time to come visit the vintage chainsaw collector lounge [emoji57]
Thanks. No original model stickers visible on the outside. I'll clean it up and learn a little more.

Those are torquey little saws. Recently sold my fleet of 10 series saws but would definitely pick one up again if it was running and the price was right.

Serial plate should be on the gas tank somewhere if memory serves. Maybe under the air filter?

Those are torquey little saws. Recently sold my fleet of 10 series saws but would definitely pick one up again if it was running and the price was right.

Serial plate should be on the gas tank somewhere if memory serves. Maybe under the air filter?
I didn't have time to mess with it at all yet but I appreciate the info. I'll dig into it when I get home Wednesday. Can't wait to run it and clean it up a little.

Latest posts

Back