My first saw annoyed me a little

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different breed, maybe under the same company brand, still different. Bought a husky split boom trimmer last year, coil just took a crap. Pulled it down to make sure that was the problem, Walbro stamped on the coil, got to be kidding.

Steve

Something looks odd about the throttle lock out. None of mine has a seam down the middle. May have changed parts supplier.0402181938c.jpg0402181938.jpg0402181938a.jpg 0402181938b.jpg

I wouldn’t fret over it too much.
I agree it’s irritating - but you can take a razor blade to the plastic bumps and smooth it out. Plan to smooth the metal case in 25 years when you rebuild.
That is a really nice saw you have. Very capable and something that you can pass down to grandkids.

Tell us how it runs cuts and sounds!
How about a video?

I wouldn’t fret over it too much.
I agree it’s irritating - but you can take a razor blade to the plastic bumps and smooth it out. Plan to smooth the metal case in 25 years when you rebuild.
That is a really nice saw you have. Very capable and something that you can pass down to grandkids.

Tell us how it runs cuts and sounds!
How about a video?
My old MACs over time and being parked, the seams don't line up and I swear was in better shape when shelved. I. know it's just me and my imagination, but a brand new saw? No excuse. I don't care what brand. Just piss poor workmanship by people that could care less. Just my opinion ... Cheers. K

Either the OP has paid OEM price for a Chinese copy and been seriously taken advantage of or he's stirring the pot with his first post doing what trolls do. But at this stage I think he's been caught out and will disappear with his tail between his legs.....bye bye.

Everyone thinks I've got a copycat LOL
Here is more pics
FUEL TANK is molded with MADE IN SWEDEN..
1.jpg
EM parts
2.jpg
another angle of the misalignment
3.jpg
It's fine at the bottom
4.jpg
MAHLE cylinder, hard to take a pic at that angle..
5.jpg

Either the OP has paid OEM price for a Chinese copy and been seriously taken advantage of or he's stirring the pot with his first post doing what trolls do. But at this stage I think he's been caught out and will disappear with his tail between his legs.....bye bye.
Hope you buy a new saw with a bad crank bearing with it:)

Hope it was
New pics posted
Yes Sir, That is oem. Take it back to your dealer, see if they will install a better tank. Myself, I would worry more about how it runs and cuts, but that's your money. Enjoy your saw, hope it serves you well.

Well there you go.

Built like a 70’s car.

Tough, not straight
I'd buy a 72 Chevy chainsaw. Probably be the NOVA. Caddy be for the big sh*T, Pinto for limbing, yup, Nova be just right..I think I'm onto something here

Didn't the Pinto have a slight fuel tank problem also?

Steve
The fuel tank worked fine. It was when it was smashed into rear axle. That was my brothers first big engineering project after starting at Fords

Back