My first saw annoyed me a little

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
s sidewall

s sidewall

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Different breed, maybe under the same company brand, still different. Bought a husky split boom trimmer last year, coil just took a crap. Pulled it down to make sure that was the problem, Walbro stamped on the coil, got to be kidding.

Steve

Deleted member 117362
D

Deleted member 117362

Something looks odd about the throttle lock out. None of mine has a seam down the middle. May have changed parts supplier.0402181938c.jpg0402181938.jpg0402181938a.jpg 0402181938b.jpg

boltonranger

boltonranger

ArboristSite Guru
I wouldn’t fret over it too much.
I agree it’s irritating - but you can take a razor blade to the plastic bumps and smooth it out. Plan to smooth the metal case in 25 years when you rebuild.
That is a really nice saw you have. Very capable and something that you can pass down to grandkids.

Tell us how it runs cuts and sounds!
How about a video?

Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice

Addicted to ArboristSite
I wouldn’t fret over it too much.
I agree it’s irritating - but you can take a razor blade to the plastic bumps and smooth it out. Plan to smooth the metal case in 25 years when you rebuild.
That is a really nice saw you have. Very capable and something that you can pass down to grandkids.

Tell us how it runs cuts and sounds!
How about a video?
My old MACs over time and being parked, the seams don't line up and I swear was in better shape when shelved. I. know it's just me and my imagination, but a brand new saw? No excuse. I don't care what brand. Just piss poor workmanship by people that could care less. Just my opinion ... Cheers. K

qurotro

qurotro

ArboristSite Lurker
Either the OP has paid OEM price for a Chinese copy and been seriously taken advantage of or he's stirring the pot with his first post doing what trolls do. But at this stage I think he's been caught out and will disappear with his tail between his legs.....bye bye.
Hope you buy a new saw with a bad crank bearing with it:)