My first saw annoyed me a little

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qurotro

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
After some study from this site, I went to the Husy authorized dealer and bought my first saw, an 372xp
It cuts really good and smooth, I'm pretty satisfied with it.
But heres the thing, are all 372xp have rough molding lines like mine, or I'm just unlucky to pick a bad one?
It's made in the 2017, stamping on the name plate.

rear handle molded pretty bad...
rear.jpg
So as the crank case..
crank.jpg

After some study from this site, I went to the Husy authorized dealer and bought my first saw, an 372xp
But heres the thing, are all 372xp have rough molding lines like mine, or I'm just unlucky to pick a bad one?

View attachment 643853
So as the crank case..
View attachment 643855
Post more pics
And the serial plate.

View attachment 643853
So as the crank case..
View attachment 643855
Well honestly I have owned both stihl and husqvarna chainsaws and I like the older husqvarna chainsaws before the xp models because they are more of a high rpm saw and there smooth. But I like the stihl chainsaws because they just don't give me as many problems both are equally as easy to fix model dependant. But I think with the amount of plastic parts coming from who knows where it's hard to match them properly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

View attachment 643853
So as the crank case..
View attachment 643855
That looks like crap, never saw one put together like that, even a cheap saw isn't that bad. Must have been made on the third shift on a Friday.

Steve

Sorry my phone deleted a part of what I typed. I was trying to say that I like the older husqvarna chainsaws before the xp type because I feel the xp models are still working the bugs out and that the older models where made of metal and they just keep going. Like the old cd models

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Did you point out your concerns before purchasing. Ask to have your fuel tank replaced. I would check bottom seams.

so sad when kid's toys have better manufacturing tolerances than something like a $1000.00 chainsaw (more than a thousand in Canada)...

I see a couple of little fitment issues on my Dolmar 5105 that annoy me mildly (they are consistent with the model, according to pictures I have seen). They are not as bad as that.

I would go and look at some others in a different shop, and then others in the same shop.

If that's what new Husky's look like, I don't want one till they sort that out.

Close-up pic of this one maybe?
748b1ebdb703ade4cb71f02bfe48b992.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back