My latest rant on Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amicks had exactly what I was looking for: ps3410th, had it picked up by my dad on the way home through North Carolina, my first climbing saw, I'm really happy with it, runs/cuts awesome. Would buy another Dolmar any day!:cheers: Now as far as dealers go, we have some close by, but rarely see any shelves stocked with Dolmars (you have to order them) which the prices are way more then in the US. So thats why I pick up my saws when I'm down there!

Last edited:
Dolmar availability

Hi guys,
Well....I didn't use a store to buy my saw as it was used but......it needed a little TLC. So.. called the Dolmar factory...talked with "Terry" for I know 20 min. about my Sachs Dolmar 133 Super. Went to their website and found a few "dealers". I told then that one listed was a knucklehead and I would not be taking anything there....

Found the next dealer about 1 hr. away. Once again the guy was excited about people finding out about Dolmar, talked with me 20 min. I had talked to one local shop that had all kinds of Stihl saws etc.. around I asked him had he worked on Dolmar's before " ( long pause ).......sure I've worked on them"...yeah right...:monkey: he hardly wanted to sell me fuel line and a filter. So that my mind up to drive an hour out in the boonies for someone who is trustworthy instead of someone saying sure I've worked on them.

Good Luck,
Anthony

Would it really matter whether you sold a stihl or a Dolmar to a walk in customer? Sell him something before he goes on down the road.

I guess it would depend on if you wanted to get your boss a free trip from Stihl like Tommy did or not. :hmm3grin2orange:

A friend of mine owns a repair shop in town, and is a dolmar dealer, he keeps about 12 on hand.. I could get one for almost dealer cost I'm sure. I still won't buy one. I don't think dolmar is a bad saw or any thing, just don't need a new saw. If you need a dolmar, and want to drive to Sequim, WA. PM me, and I'll tell ya ware to go.

I guess it depends where you're located but shouldn't. We have 2 good Dolmar dealers within 10 miles. The one (I go to) stocks the complete line up and most common parts and the other stocks 2/3 of the line up and most common parts.

Seems their network is better in the east & midwest than the west.....Yes, I agree, they definitely need some :help:

I guess, until they get their (dealer) act together, they'll remain small potatoes! It's a shame, because the products are superb and could definitely compete.......:givebeer:

. . .when in the market for a new firewood saw, i did my research and decided the PS7900 was the only saw for me . . . and was excited to learn via dolmar website there was a dealer within a half hour's drive, i like to support small local business as much as possible, so i emailed the dealer three times . . .called and left messages twice, the dealer finally e-mailed me back, he didn't have any 7900's and wasn't planning on ordering any until next season, but could sell me a smaller saw, or i could wait. i elected to go and visit the husky dealer 100 miles away instead

Hey Windy if you can take a 025 apart you aint going to need any servicing done you cant do yourself!

This is true, but I need parts to service a saw, and seemingly Dolmar parts are as hard to get around here as Dolmar chainsaws are. For my Stihls, I just go 3 or 4 miles and there are all the parts I need (Stihl dealer here also has parts for my Troy-Bilt tillers and my brother's Echo chainsaws). If they do not have them, its another 20 minutes to 5 or 6 other Stihl dealers.

I sold my Range Rover becasue of the parts availability issue. The dealer was always out of stock, or they wanted a ransom for them. So I had to get all the parts from the UK. The damn thing was always breaking down. So I traded it in for a Toyota PU, and lookie there, they have Toyota parts at all the local auto parts stores here in the US.

Range Rover? Scratching head... sorry. Dolmar? Sorry... :monkey:

Last edited:
A friend of mine owns a repair shop in town, and is a dolmar dealer, he keeps about 12 on hand.. I could get one for almost dealer cost I'm sure. I still won't buy one. I don't think dolmar is a bad saw or any thing, just don't need a new saw. If you need a dolmar, and want to drive to Sequim, WA. PM me, and I'll tell ya ware to go.

Thanks for the offer. However, the Port Townsend area is a bit of a hike for me with gas at the current price (225 or so miles). Plus they change sales tax in WA state :cry:

You can buy Dolmar parts from any of the fine sponsors/dealers here on AS.....I don't think parts is really a problem for ya at all....Just more ranting. :)

I will buy parts from my local Dolmar dealer because he stocks a large supply of them but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase them online.

Sometimes purchasing online is much easier anyway.....Here's a perfect example....My kids broke some stuff on their go kart so I call a local yocal and they say, yea we got that part and the other one will have to order. After a week of waiting and no part yet, I decide to stop in and pick up the one they got and see what the hell is going on. Well, guess what it's not the right part and then they say well that one we ordered, may take a month to get here. I tell em forget it so after a 1/2 hour drive one way and a week wait, I've got nothing but wining kids.

So I jump online find all kinds of places that stock what I need. Placed an order Tues, UPS tracking has confirmed Fri delivery......Much easier, cost less and definitely better for my health and the kids! :)

All you really need is a dealer close enough to purchase the saw and service it under warranty, if necessary.......:givebeer:

I had the same trouble with locating stocking dealers... I got lucky and got a nice 5100S from the for sale here. Found out that a local LONG term saw and mower repair shop was a Sachs Dolmar dealer for years and thinks they are one of the finiest to be had. His parts distributor also sells Dolmar- so my service/parts are taken care of.

He even has a S&D saw in his shop with a Wankle engine! Pretty awesome for historic value.

2Door

So I jump online find all kinds of places that stock what I need. Placed an order Tues, UPS tracking has confirmed Fri delivery......Much easier, cost less and definitely better for my health and the kids! :)

All you really need is a dealer close enough to purchase the saw and service it under warranty, if necessary.......:givebeer:

Yah, all I need is what Dolmar does not have. A place with saws and that does service. No one here I would want to buy a Dolmar saw from, let alone service it. As for parts, lets see, order on Tuesday to get Friday delivery, and be without the saw for the week? When I can drive 10 minutes and have a Stihl fixed in about an hour? :monkey:

Let me think about that and get back to you... :monkey:

Last edited:
As for parts, lets see, order on Tuesday to get Friday delivery, and be without the saw for the week? When I can drive 10 minutes and have a Stihl fixed in about an hour? :monkey:

Let me think about that and get back to you... :monkey:

Then, just stick with Stihl and quit losing sleep over it....:)

PS.....Good things come to those who wait!.....LOL

You can buy Dolmar parts from any of the fine sponsors/dealers here on AS.....I don't think parts is really a problem for ya at all....Just more ranting. :)

:

+1. Dolmar parts are very easy to get online from the site sponsors. Stihl parts aren't much easier to get since most B&M dealers need to order them from the regional Stihl warehouse. (except for common items).

I will buy parts from my local Dolmar dealer because he stocks a large supply of them but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase them online.

Sometimes purchasing online is much easier anyway.....Here's a perfect example....My kids broke some stuff on their go kart so I call a local yocal and they say, yea we got that part and the other one will have to order. After a week of waiting and no part yet, I decide to stop in and pick up the one they got and see what the hell is going on. Well, guess what it's not the right part and then they say well that one we ordered, may take a month to get here. I tell em forget it so after a 1/2 hour drive one way and a week wait, I've got nothing but wining kids.

I can get most Dolmar parts in 2 days from an AS sponsor....That way my local dealer doesn't need a big parts inventor and it keeps his prices down on new saws............Win ...Win...:) :)

My local Stihl dealer is two days for none stocked parts too...

My local Husky dealer wont order till his min. is met...That can take a week or two for parts....

Stihl & husky = a week for a part thats not in stock.. which means if its not a bar or chain im waiting a week.

Dolmar = tommorrow

Thats a no brainer for me.. PS my local dealer has no saws in stock but can order, as well as not having a single dolmar sign. Hes a small engine guy.. he has been terrible with briggs & hondas in the past , telling me parts arent availiable but he gets me dolmar parts like nothin.. go figure.

I live in a city that has over 1 million people in the city and surrounding area. Do dealers. Have to drive 60 miles to find one that stocks anything. As far as Sthil goes, 6 dealers in a 10 mile radius. I was all set to pick up a 5100 from Amick's over the 4th of July on a trip, stopped by and they where closed for the week. Got home and checked the web and they had posted they where closed for the week after I had left. So no saw for now. May end up buying a Sthil since there is not a close dealer, and with gas cost, the $ saved on a purchase would go into the tank.

I can get most Dolmar parts in 2 days from an AS sponsor....That way my local dealer doesn't need a big parts inventor and it keeps his prices down on new saws............Win ...Win...:) :)

:clap: :clap: :cheers:

Back