My little...splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LANNY

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Almost everyone I know including me is obsessed with BIG. Watch it guys. Well, I am here to tell you about my LITTLE splitter. It's the earthquake 12 ton from home depot. Everything about it is small , pump, ram, even the wheels. It was at hd and was outside, a little rusty and pushed off to one side. I asked about it and was told, "it don't work, you don't want that." I noticed the suction line was kinked , made an offer of 450.00 and bought it. Took it home, straightened the elbow and it did work. Put some oak on it and no problem. Got a big nasty , kinky, stringy, knotted round on it and it split it just fine. As a matter of fact, it has split whatever I can pick up. Anybody else used this splitter? Is it going to explode someday? For the money, it rocks. Go ahead and laugh, I like it.......Lanny

the only real problem i have personally with the really cheap splitters is you have to sit on the ground just about to use them. other wise if it splits the log and you like it good for you man. i paid just under a grand for mine a few years back. i fixed what i didnt like about it, raised it up off the ground, added tables (absolute must for any splitter) added to the hydro tank, added a filter. best of all narrowed it so i can fit it through a regular size door. i dont have a shed and ill be damned if its gonna sleep outside.

Yeah Husky , I need tables. Will work on that. The height on this thing is pretty good. It actually raises up and locks in place, lowers back for towing.....thanks for the reply...Lanny

Latest posts

Back