My local Jonsered dealer switched to Efco : (

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i stopped into my local jonsered dealer to look around and see if they had anything i needed... When i saw all the Efco's i was pretty disappointed. He explained to me that after tractor supply started carrying jonsered their sales went way down so they weren't ordering as many saws. When the distributer switched from tilson to whoever they have now they said the communication was terrible. So when they tried ordering jonsered parts they said they wouldn't send them since they didn't order enough jonsered saws... I thought this was rediculous, anybody hear anything like this? Now i have to go even further now to get my jonsered stuff:(

Well so much for this thread, where I come from if you get a direct question
you give a direct answer. I have raised a lot of cattle in my life and this is BS at it's best.
Fine, high quality, lasting BS

How's this.

Yes, a distributor can/will cancel a dealer contract for varying reasons. Low volume being one of them but they typically will give them ample warning and opportunity to correct the situation.

If their distributor is Hayward then I can verify communication and parts supply leaves something to be desired.

Not a dealer now or ever of any brand. I am an Efco owner, not a happy one. Not particularly unhappy, however I would not and do not recommend them as Efco did themselves a great disservice with past behavior.

Of the two of us, I am the only one not talking in super secret squirrel code. You seem to have an Efco chip on your shoulder. Good luck with that.

I can get parts for Efcos, however I can get parts for my Husqs, Stihls and even Dolmars much much much easier and almost always cheaper, that does not even include the AM parts for which there is little Efco or Echo. Have more than a few Efcos that could be repaired, no parts, so they sit just like they did at the dealers I bought them from. The runners were purchased as runners or needed minor things.

Not emailing anyone.
Not phoning anyone.
Online or walking in, otherwise it is a dead brand.
wassamattter.. don't like it,,when all aint revealed to you???? you just exposed yourself, so bye bye...

wassamattter.. don't like it,,when all aint revealed to you???? you just exposed yourself, so bye bye...

At some point in time you should explain yourself, use complete thoughts, maybe even be coherent. Until then, carry on with the super secret squirrel code, that will be great for Efco.

How's this.

Yes, a distributor can/will cancel a dealer contract for varying reasons. Low volume being one of them but they typically will give them ample warning and opportunity to correct the situation.

If their distributor is Hayward then I can verify communication and parts supply leaves something to be desired.

Pretty sure most of the sour feelings people have with Efco stem from the Tiltons, etc days. Dealers could get new saws, just not parts or answers. Get all the oil they wanted just not an oil pump.

Nothing wrong with an 8200, heck of a saw, decent price and then it was gone. Supposedly quite a few new dealers around, not familiar with any of them.

At some point in time you should explain yourself, use complete thoughts, maybe even be coherent. Until then, carry on with the super secret squirrel code, that will be great for Efco.
you bother me not,,as what I know,,is none of YOUR damn business..get it??? don't know your political leanings,,but it aint hard to figure out................

I remember the warranty payment issues but wasnt it later discovered the dealer that complained the loudest was also not telling both sides. i seem to remember something about he wasnt turning in warranty claims till months after the repairs. someone chime in and enlighten me on the efco side of the story if your aware of it.

Not hearing both sides of the story is a common occurrence in "complaint" threads on forums, and that is of course a problem - but I don't remember if it was the case with that one.

Yes, the repetitive coy "I know something that you don't, and I'm not going to tell you" responses are getting old. It reminds me of grade school.

Yes, the repetitive coy "I know something that you don't, and I'm not going to tell you" responses are getting old. It reminds me of grade school.
aint the point...he doesn't like efco, period, tho he owns one.. fine,, don't knock em...just like more than a few on this forum...if it aint a steal,, it aint a saw........:dizzy::dizzy: not you...

Not hearing both sides of the story is a common occurrence in "complaint" threads on forums, and that is of course a problem - but I don't remember if it was the case with that one.
yeah, and the only side anyone at that time wanted to believe,,was the roach dealer...uh huh...efco did reply very lightly about a week later..remember that also???

What I do remember and it is not something there can be two sides to is the dealer in Vt and the one just over the line in Ma remained on the Efco website as servicing dealers probably a year after they and Efco parted company and Efco product was being dumped (dumped means sold probably for less than it costs to make) on Ebay. That was in multiple threads on here as well.

As I remember it, there was some response - but my memory may be off.

The different Emak brands never really interested me, except some curiosity about the 162/962. No other models ever looked anywhere close to interesting - based on available info and looks.

you bother me not,,as what I know,,is none of YOUR damn business..get it??? don't know your political leanings,,but it aint hard to figure out................

Extremely conservative, your turn. The grays told me to let us know what your super squirrel secret is. The blacks said you were being silly and the reds called you an efco.

Also, not an Efco product, many Efco products I do own, as well as Oleo Macs, Olympyks and Emaks in a lots of different colors.

Extremely conservative, your turn. The grays told me to let us know what your super squirrel secret is. The blacks said you were being silly and the reds called you an efco.

Also, not an Efco product, many Efco products I do own, as well as Oleo Macs, Olympyks and Emaks in a lots of different colors.
you have a efco dealer about 20 miles east of you in New concord. Give them a try and report back but i wouldnt have high hopes

As I remember it, there was some response - but my memory may be off.

The different Emak brands never really interested me, except some curiosity about the 162/962. No other models ever looked anywhere close to interesting - based on available info and looks.

The 30-56cc saws were the better Efco sellers locally. Very few 60-70cc Efco saws, the 80cc saw is more common for me to find than the 60cc. Solid saw but similar to the RedMax 60cc it was not a big seller. At the time the Stihl 361 was the dominant seller followed by the Husq 359, add both those together and still not even close to the 1127 series Stihls.
The price was very similar between the 359/2159 and the 60cc Efco and RedMax. Performance wise they were all close enough that it was a wash in my opinion, person should pick the color they liked best or the best deal because the average chain and operational technique kills any spec differences. Dealer support wise, Efco comes in after RedMax locally these days.

Yep, there are quite a few dealers supposedly. When it is cold and crappy out I"ll take a drive. If the service only dealers can order parts then it would be pretty easy as long as the parts actually arrive. Ordering the parts was not the issue, getting them was. It is amazing how many new to me dealer names there are out there.

I have run a 56cc, a 62cc, and an 80cc efo/oleomac/jd models and the seem like well built strong running saws. I think the only dealer we have near where I live is a small engine shop that carries no saws in stock but can order them if you want one.

You guys can debate the pros and cons of the saws for another 50 pages, but the bottom line from a business decision perspective is this: They aren't gonna sell and it was a dumb move on his part.

Granted, all Jonsered distributors are not created equal. But Efco is simply not the answer.

Last time I ordered some Oly parts it as from a place in Wooster Ohio. Seemed like a pretty big outfit and they had Efco. I haven't stopped at any of the Efco places near me in a few years.

Latest posts

Back