My nephew is the proud owner of a new saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STIHL880

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, my nephew loves chainsaws, And I told him if he could fell two trees, and buck them, split and stack them. He can have the MS 250, well, He did just that. He did the job quite well, He came to me with his friend telling me he did it. I'll update this thread in an hour or so with a picture or two.
My nephew is a new proud owner of an MS 250.

EDIT: Pictures
I took this one
Quinnandhissawfeb11001.jpg

My nephew took these.
Quinnandhissawfeb11012.jpg

Quinnandhissawfeb11010.jpg

Quinnandhissawfeb11013.jpg

Last edited:
Great deal. You both should be proud. Cut together and love that time. I can't wait for my son to get old enough to cut with me... but then again, yes I can, I don't want to miss this.

now, do him a real favor and get him in the habit of using earplugs, and buy him a set of chaps.
good for you for giving him the saw. the 250 is a great little saw. it is very near a 260 in performance, is lighter, and a lot cheaper. they are very durable and easy handling. the only other thing he needs is a MM on the saw.

He did a great job :clap: Very nice of you to give him a good saw starting off right

Okay, the chaps are comming soon. We ordered them off flea bay a week ago, And I told him to use the ear plugs, but he decided he didn't want them, and that he wants to wait 'till his expensive one's from fleabay come.

Thanks guys, It was a pleasure seeing the smile he got when i gave him the saw. He loves the thing, Too bad i didn't get pictures of him runnin' the 044 with a 32" bar, He reallly loves that saw.

His name is Quinn, And he is a tough kid, He loves to be outdoors, Not inside playing "Stupid mind numming" video games (that's what he calls them). Ever since he had upper strength he's been climbing around in trees and what not. I guess he really is a good ole' fashion redneck. He even bought himself that STIHL hat. lol.

You should be proud of yourself!!

He will remember this time spent with you and the saw that you gave him for the rest of his life. Hopefully he will be a member here someday and can pass the information you give him forward.

Good Job, a little sweat never hurt anybody, if he is busy with you then he cant be out drinking and worse.

yup thats a great thing. My great uncle gave me several guns have all still and still remember the day he gave me all of them he passed last year and they are now some of my most prized posessoins

Very cool to see the next generation taking the bull by the horns.:msp_thumbsup:

Repped ya there for being a good uncle........and sharing the story.

Thank you to all the repped.

And he worked REAL hard for that saw. I didn't spoil him a bit. He had a LOT to prove to me before i was ready to hand him over his own saw, and everything he needed for it. (files, safety stuff, oil, gas,) he was eager to learn, so i was eager to teach. Thank you all for the kind words.

Good on ya, mate!

Rep to you for being a fine uncle! This is how we help instill character in the next generation, guys.

Olyeller

You sound like a proud uncle maybe one day I can give my nephew a saw. I know he is going to love quads and dirt bikes but chain saws not sure on that yet.

Latest posts

Back