My new crummy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is. The timber sticker is from Gologit. Montana shaped Get Lost is from Haywire. I am a Logger And Proud of It from mile9socounty. Columbia Helicopter Logging comes from SlowP.

It turned out quite chic, if I may say so.

IMG_5661.JPG

The rig looks good Sam.

I picked up a new carryall this week. Kind of tired of barely missing deer/elk in the little Suby.....I don't think that would work out for me too well.

View attachment 275785

View attachment 275786

Little bit more comfy ride as well.

Hope you all had a good, safe week - Sam

sweet find. 22re? what year? I could see you easily passing off the suby and the diesel once you work through the maintenance backlog on the toyota. Although I've seen one or two of the justys on the road and taken notice.

Any plans for the saw fuel or just going to say #### it?

Last edited:
sweet find. 22re? what year? I could see you easily passing off the suby and the diesel once you work through the maintenance backlog on the toyota. Although I've seen one or two of the justys on the road and taken notice.

Any plans for the saw fuel or just going to say #### it?

'87- 22re. Suby is sold, got some folks taking the Dodge for a spin, hopefully taking it home. The Toy is tight on the engine side, needs tires and a couple other little odds and ends.

Going to put one of those basket type roof racks on it for the saws and fuel. Seems like a pretty good little rig and the price was extremely right.

-Ssm

It turned out quite chic, if I may say so.

Gotta get some schwag made for my outfit so's I can kick some down accordingly. Alas, it's gotta be out-of-pocket, because of some weird laws that do not recognize the importance of Unit Cohesion, and how useful unit insignia are for creating that cohesion. I've nearly got a design approved so that I can buy the patches/stickers/t-shirts myself. Odd that an outfit that forbids buying such things is so concerned with what those very things say when somebody buys them on their own. Ah, well, welcome to Civil Service. It's probably worth noting that this project is a couple of years deep now and is still kind of sensitive. Seriously. It's just gonna be a design that has Mt Rainier in the background and our name in the foreground. This is not Rocket Surgery.

Got a temp rack put together.....I hate smelling gas in the rig. Goes pretty good in the snow with new tires. I think I've become one of those Toyota guys I always used to make fun of. Good little trucks.

Hope you all had a good safe week- (Actually hope you all are stuck cutting scattered #### in deep ass snow like me!) - Sam
View attachment 277024

Got a temp rack put together.....I hate smelling gas in the rig. Goes pretty good in the snow with new tires. I think I've become one of those Toyota guys I always used to make fun of. Good little trucks.

Hope you all had a good safe week- (Actually hope you all are stuck cutting scattered #### in deep ass snow like me!) - Sam
View attachment 277024

My old man bought a similar brand new Toyota when I was a kid, Chernobyl summer -86' it was if remember it right, sold as 4runner here. We pulled the material of a cabin to the site with it - there was no road, we just cut a path and hacked the stumps down a bit. Lucky thing dad's Toy had a winch mounted on it. The truck wasn't a brand new after that gig, though...

Hey Sam, is that rust on your bar other bar?

Ha, the snow here is just knee deep, but tomorrow I'll be cutting sticks smaller that you ever had. I'll post the pics.

Yeah, I had to leave my 390 at the shop yesterday, slapped that old bar on my 394. Kind of pointless, cuz if the 372 goes down, I'm going home....Not dragging that cinder block through this kind of snow.

Latest posts

Back