My new Stihl 260 pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl-Erectile-Syndrome

It's common here. Erections from Stihl products, sign of being asexual, ect.

There is something to be said in what I have seen the last 5-10 years. Husky is gaining a lot of traction in the woods, and with tree companies, proffesional users. Good reason for that. They run, and run. With power!

I don't know about all these guys going back and forth, but I see a future case of CAD in the works!! In no time at all you will be back at the dealer looking at the 441 or the 460! Have fun and be safe out in the woods.

OK, for all the guys and gals that are the stihl experts..... I will ask this question again. what is the differance between a MS260 and a MS260 PRO. if you really know and back up the 260's then this should be an easy question. I have asked it several times and no one jumps in with an answer. will someone please elaborate.

OK, for all the guys and gals that are the stihl experts..... I will ask this question again. what is the differance between a MS260 and a MS260 PRO. if you really know and back up the 260's then this should be an easy question. I have asked it several times and no one jumps in with an answer. will someone please elaborate.

I'm a husky guy and I can tell you. One is for suckers, and one is for suckers with a small Johnson :greenchainsaw:

MS260 PRO:ADJ. OILER,DECOMP. VALVE,PRO STICKER non of these things are a big deal on a 50cc saw
MS260: NON ADJ OILER,NO DECOMP VALVE this model is no longer available for sale,some dealers are closing them out for 400.00. they are just as good of saw,just not as fancy that is all.

I'm a husky guy and I can tell you. One is for suckers, and one is for suckers with a small Johnson :greenchainsaw:

thank you, but just how did you become an expert with suckers and johnson's

MS260 PRO:ADJ. OILER,DECOMP. VALVE,PRO STICKER non of these things are a big deal on a 50cc saw
MS260: NON ADJ OILER,NO DECOMP VALVE this model is no longer available for sale,some dealers are closing them out for 400.00. they are just as good of saw,just not as fancy that is all.

thank you sir, rep on the way, catch ya later with the rep, our higher up's say I must spread it around. can I put the adjustable oiler in the ms260 if I want?

Last edited:
some have put the adj oiler on non pro model. but i have also heard that the non adj. oiler does a better job. i only run 16" bars on mine,so i have no trouble. but i would bet that 20",would a little on the dry side. some of the newer stihls' seem to be a little stingy w/oil.if had to guess, i would say that your non adj. oiler would be just fine.

MS 260Pro

I am happy with my 260 Pro. I have an 18" and 16" bar and if I need to use the longer bar I just switch to it. I did use it earlier this week when I cut a tree with a 26" trunk.

I have a MS 250C which I also like -- my dealer told me if you like your 250 you're gonna love this 260 Pro. I'm not in love with it but I am mighty proud to own it.

Nosmo

I answered that, check post #24

thank you, but just how did you become an expert with suckers and johnson's

thank you sir, rep on the way, catch ya later with the rep, our higher up's say I must spread it around. can I put the adjustable oiler in the ms260 if I want?

Reading posts like these, about midget saws :bowdown:

Appreciate the feedback

Wow,I did not realize how much disagreement there would be between the Stihl and husky camps.Before I ordered the 260 I did consider the huskies and the 346XP.I was actually allowed to try the 346 and it felt smooth and solid.It was a close call for me.However,I altimately decided on the Stihl because it just seemed to be a notch higher in quality.But I will say this,I think that both companies offer supurb products.One thing I am curious about is the longevity and parts availibility.How long does a saw like the 260 go (under normal, respectable use)before they need pistons and rings and such.I am not one to ruthlessly beat up my equipment,so my tools last a long time.I have seen people beat the heck out of these saws,and it is amazing how much abuse they can take.

if you beat your eq it will beat you that's simple in 36 years in the tree biz i have never replace the pistons or rings keep your oil right tom trees

Says the sthilhead who has never ran any other say before.:deadhorse:

Actually I have ran a number of other saws. And to set the record straight
I looked at a 346Xp strato version the last time I was at a dealer. I would actually love to run one. I'm not bashing just joining in the 'fun-of-the-forum."
Life's too short to be bitter. I admittedly love my Stihl saws, and thanks for the comment. Have a great week. :)
Tommy

strato 346xp?

Actually I have ran a number of other saws. And to set the record straight
I looked at a 346Xp strato version the last time I was at a dealer. I would actually love to run one. I'm not bashing just joining in the 'fun-of-the-forum."
Life's too short to be bitter. I admittedly love my Stihl saws, and thanks for the comment. Have a great week. :)
Tommy

never heard of it.

Lol.

the great thing about Stihlheads,they keep buying their orange and white gutless trinket saws,that means more REAL saws for the rest of us.

Funny how none of the tree services around here use Stihl except for the MS200t and there are a lot of tree services in CT.

Latest posts

Back