My reflections of A.S.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a felony to possess a baton where I live. Stupid law.

"Section 12002 of the California Penal Code allows police officers, and on-duty security guards (and nobody else) with the proper training, to carry batons."

Knowing you as I do, it's probably a good thing that you can't carry one. You'd just end up hurting yourself.

I'd hate to see that happen............:popcorn2:

...I think this day and age there are so many "Internet tough guys" that can hide behind a computer, but I think if people just ignore them and try and be positive and help the next guy out if they can
then the forums will be that much better. Just a newbs .02 cents.
Agree.

To be effective / skilled with a baton, it requires some coordination, reflex timing, and common sense (as in when to use it and not) as well as good hand and feet movement.

I just have a gut feeling you wouldn't be an appropriate candidate.
Yep. I'm too dumb to hit someone with a stick. Your arrogance really gets old at times.

Yep. I'm too dumb to hit someone with a stick.

Naw.....anyone can hit anyone with a stick. That's the beauty of the PR-24. It's soooo much more than just an impact instrument. There are also blocking moves, holding moves and restraint moves.

If memory serves, there's in excess of 30 different striking moves, not counting all of the above moves I mentioned. It's a very comprehensive course to get certified on one.

Yep. I'm too dumb to hit someone with a stick. Your arrogance really gets old at times.

You have me feeling kind of sad right now. I see you're having troubles recognizing when I'm just messing with you and when I'm not.

I'm not quite sure what to do about it though.

I have given it some thought and think I'll just leave it the way it is. Probably best for all concerned. :havingarest:

I once saw a man that had been stabbed chase another man down.......and beat on him for a good while. The guy got away and locked himself in a car. The stabbed guy then climbed on the roof of the car and stomped it down.......kicked in the windshield and was getting inside when the police arrived.

Took three cops to subdue him.

Never underestimate the effects of adrenaline....

The guy that was being chased and beat on was the stabber BTW.

Latest posts

Back