My review of Timberwolf TW-P1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svon89

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
In a previous post I had asked about what splitter I should get, then ended up buying a TW-P1. If you can afford it, I would say buy it.

I am no professional, and did not need anything more than the P1. I have used other splitters in the past as well as the good old splitting maul.

This is one quiet splitter. The little honda engine just purrs along and is really no problem to be around.

The power of the splitter is just fine for what I need. I put some forked oak stump through it, not a problem, it slowed down and basically cut through. I also had some forked hornbeam(sp?) that also slowed the machine down, but again cut through it. I have not had anything yet that it wouldn't split, but I know that piece is out there, just might never make it to my wood pile.

The speed is good, a couple of my friends have the faster models and they are fast. The speed of the P1 is good for a single operator. I split the log, lock the valve in return mode, turn around pick up another, and it is ready to go when I put the next log on the cradle.

The workmanship is very nice. Everything appears to be nice and straight. I also like the grease fittings on the ram.

All in all I am glad I spent the money for this splitter. For the average homeowner it is more than needed. Although I like the splitter, it makes a lot of split wood fast, and I do not like stacking the wood.

The four way wedge was a must for me because much of my wood is smaller and is done with a single pass.

The table grate is also a very nice feature. I did not buy the factory one only because I do like to make my own stuff when I can, but decided not to trust my welding for the actual splitter.

In closing, thank you to all who have posted here in the past, I used the search and did a lot of reading.

Here is a picture of the unit with my home-built table. Works well and all the small stuff falls through.

Latest posts

Back