My Splitter Build (heavy on photos)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whoa, cool. A K-Car, you ever watch "The New Red Green Show"?, he was always using K-cars, mostly out of a feeling of revenge he said.

Nice job, I'm jealous of your shop but my real question is: what do you use the cannon for?

I don't know whether a cork gasket will work or not, my only concern is if you leave it out in the rain will it wick the water in? I used permatex on my filler cap base.

whoa, cool. A K-Car, you ever watch "The New Red Green Show"?, he was always using K-cars, mostly out of a feeling of revenge he said.

Nice job, I'm jealous of your shop but my real question is: what do you use the cannon for?

For fun! The rest of the children I play with have 3 more cannons and 2 mortars so we can make lots of noise.
http://gnipsel.com/cannon/cannon.xhtml
I built two identical cannons one for me and one for a friend.

JT

JT.......how many times have you explained the cannon in this thread? Looks like somebody is not reading the thread. They just jump in on the end.

I got some more work done on the splitter, I finished up the removable tongue... I made it removable to save space when not in use.
frame-03.jpg

Here are a couple of photos with the beam down, checking for clearances etc. This is the way it will travel.
splitter-19.jpg
splitter-20.jpg

Do you mean the pin that holds the tongue in? It will only see pulling force.

Or are you talking about the square part that fits into the square tube?

JT

The pin that holds the tongue. There has to be down pressure on it. Doesn't it. I did that on a trailer I used to use for hauling diesel to a job site. But I did mine to keep it from getting stolen.

All the pressure is carried by the 3/8" wall square box that fits inside the tube. I still need to drill the matching hole in the frame and ream the holes in situ.

frame-04.jpg

JT

I see the jack on the tongue are you leaving the jack there or are you putting it on the main frame.
The jack will be on the removable tongue about 1/3 the way from the frame. When the tongue is off the front is supported by the castors. I'll only take the tongue off for storage after raising up the beam.

JT

Got one side of the table tacked together and mocked up in situ. Still need to figure out how to attache them and have them removable...

frame-05.jpg

I think with both of them I'll have a decent work area...

JT

Latest posts

Back