My Supply for the Winter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craddock

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This weekend I had a splitting party and had 12 guys show up to help. We got 11 rows 25' long and 7' high split. Afterward we all had chili and beer. I think I am done for the year and maybe more. So my question is how many cords are there. I have pictures on my phone but don't know how to post them. Sorry.

1 cord = 128 cu ft

25ft x 7ft x 1.25ft (guessing 16" lengths) = 218.75 ft^3

11 rows x 218.75 ft^3 = 2406 ft^3

2406 ft^3 / 128 ft^3 = 18.8 cords

Do I get beer and chili now too?

Can't help you with the beer and chili, but I'll give you 'rithmetic rep! :clap:
That would be rep for using the most important (and sometimes overlooked) tool we have in the shed. :cheers:

Well we still have some left over cili and there is still beer that is still iced down so come on over and I'll set you up. Thanks for the info.

Give him some flawed math rep!

He assumed 16" length... that's 1.33'! Running that through the math yields exactly 20 cords. You just gained 1.2 cords by using the correct decimal value!

That's GOT to be worth chili and beer....

1 cord = 128 cu ft

25ft x 7ft x 1.25ft (guessing 16" lengths) = 218.75 ft^3

11 rows x 218.75 ft^3 = 2406 ft^3

2406 ft^3 / 128 ft^3 = 18.8 cords

Do I get beer and chili now too?

That's a lot of wood. Did the Chili have beans in it?

i think thats what we need to do is have a big party,,:bang::D

006-3.jpg

damn.. i dont even know 12 people that would return my calls! lol

LOL. That's what I was thinking! OP must have really good chili or alot of free booze......or maybe both.

Rep comin' for getting that much wood put up!

I think that Craddock is either lying or that they are all lightweights. There would never be any beer left with the guys I know! Haha!

Anyway,,,,,good job on all that work!!!! I bet you all worked hard and had fun doing it!

Bob

Give him some flawed math rep!

He assumed 16" length... that's 1.33'! Running that through the math yields exactly 20 cords. You just gained 1.2 cords by using the correct decimal value!

That's GOT to be worth chili and beer....

Haha! Busted. It's because I refused to take off my shoes and socks to help me keep track.

we used two 3 point splitters, one 37 ton husky and a tractor supply 25 ton splitter. We had ten pounds of meat in the chili whic means a whole lot of chili and $100 worth of boose. Explain how to tansfer pictures to my post and I ill try to post pictures.

yea I do have some good friends. But through the year usally help them so its knda of repayment. Plus good food and booze helps too.

Explain how to tansfer pictures to my post and I ill try to post pictures.

Craddock:
Just upload your pictures to a picture sharing site, like photobucket.com.

Then re-size to the Large size (or whichever one is 640x?). There is an edit feature on photbucket that resizes and its a click of the button.

Once re-sized, on the left hand side, there is a box with a bunch of URL addresses. I copy the IMAGE field for that picture. (starts with "")

Past that line in a reply and preview it - it should show up.

1286297491.jpg
Well here go the pictures. Sorry for the quality. I should get an award for the worst.

Latest posts

Back