Name my 'new' Stihl 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Name that Stihl 044

• Gary (our AS oil thread leader!)

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Ken (a playmate for SLOWP's Barbie saw)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Noodles (cuts them like butter)

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Jaws (big dawgs)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Spike (ditto)

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Its an 044: Keep it as the saw with no name (Clint Eastwood style)

Votes: 38 61.3%

• Total voters
Oh, ok I'm sorry for being so dense. I thought the question was what do you call guys that name their saws. :hmm3grin2orange:

Nothing like a big brute moderator to kill the fun of a gay thread. Its like having a bad hair day. Or breaking a nail or something. I feel so... ashamed! :cry:

Last edited:
I don't want to hijack Wind's thread here. I was trying to be fun. I'm not in the mood for a pissing match. Pulled wood on the stump usually happens when your saw can't keep up with the timber.

How about we just call his saw Merlin Olson or something ubserd like that?

My 460 is Sarah, named for something I shouldn't really say here.

I know you are all jokes, your crazy husky comments tell me that. Same for me except I know Stihl gets the job done.:D

Nothing like a big brute moderator to kill the fun of a gay thread. Its like having a bad hair day. Or breaking a nail or something. I feel so... ashamed! :cry:

Maybe you should call it the "Big Gay Saw"
Either that or "Betty"

Ok, how about RipSnortinRambo?
Will that add the required length?
:yoyo:

Maybe you should call it the "Big Gay Saw"

Hmmmmm, maybe name it Sam Adams, after the honerable leader up there in Portland who is gay and seemingly a child molester, as well as a liar... oh, and he is the city mayor.

Last edited:
Brother all I can say is....

If your gonna name a saw Ken,you better get ya a wild thing for that.....LOL!!!:cheers:

If your gonna name a saw Ken,you better get ya a wild thing for that.....LOL!!!:cheers:

I sold the damn Wild Thing. The only reason I added Ken is becasue SLOWP up across the border in Washington named her big 440 Stihl chainsaw: Barbie. I have been bugging her about that ever since.

Well, its not a Magnum. But I like Maggie. Maybe getting closer to naming it. I have to photos to post later of a job I used her on yesterday.

If you don't name it Ken, it should have Old in front of the name. Like I have Old Sparkless. A friend named his dog, when it was a puppy Old something.
Was Old Yeller always old? I don't know but it added character to his name. Same for Old Roy. And Snuffy is already taken by my mountain bike. So you can't name it Barbie, Snuffy, Twinkle, Used, or Old Baldy Eyes. The latter two are nicknames for my dog. He's not old yet.:) And he won't answer to those names either, unless you have a treat for him.

It's easier to tell you what you can't name it. :cheers:

hope I don't get banned

Since most machines are reffered to as "her" and "she" I'd have to call it Hooker, takes all the wood you can throw at her and asks for more.

Back