Name my 'new' Stihl 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Name that Stihl 044

• Gary (our AS oil thread leader!)

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Ken (a playmate for SLOWP's Barbie saw)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Noodles (cuts them like butter)

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Jaws (big dawgs)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Spike (ditto)

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Its an 044: Keep it as the saw with no name (Clint Eastwood style)

Votes: 38 61.3%

• Total voters
Well, if I name it Ken, or Old Ken, then he and Barbie will have to go on a date at the PWN GTG. And no putting Ken stickers on it! Do they even make Ken stickers???

Wait a minute? I remember that TV commercial now, where GI Joe knocks Ken on his duff and takes Barbie for a wild ride in her sportscar. So maybe GI Joe would be a better name. I used to have a set of the original large size GI Joes. Get a flag sticker for the 044, and some Army unit stickers with swards and knives and guns on them. Yah... real macho stuff.

I guess it would come down to what would impress the Barbie saw more? GI Joe, or Ken?

Last edited:
Hmmm, Jen, or Julie? :monkey:

Then again, maybe the neighbor's wife, Christie. She is really hot.

You better pick a name soon for that saw I'm running out of good ideas! Christie is a nice name but you can't say it out loud or the neighbors might start wondering whats up.....:censored: Christie, why won't you start?........I love the way you cut that wood Christie.......Christie, Christie what would I do without you...... My name is almondgt isn't it? I'm loosing it:agree2:

Well, if I name it Ken, or Old Ken, then he and Barbie will have to go on a date at the PWN GTG. And no putting Ken stickers on it! Do they even make Ken stickers???

Wait a minute? I remember that TV commercial now, where GI Joe knocks Ken on his duff and takes Barbie for a wild ride in her sportscar. So maybe GI Joe would be a better name. I used to have a set of the original large size GI Joes. Get a flag sticker for the 044, and some Army unit stickers with swards and knives and guns on them. Yah... real macho stuff.

I guess it would come down to what would impress the Barbie saw more? GI Joe, or Ken?

Twinkle's stickers are coming off due to weather and riding around in the pickup. The Acme Explosives sticker is still in good shape, but this is another topic for a thread.

Old Kenny. How's that?

Kenny? Hey, Kenny wears orange hooded coats on the TV show South Park.
But they always kill him off in every episode. :cry:

I figured out that this 044 has the high capacity oiler. It gushes oil... Also had the 3/4 wrap from the get go with the huge dogs and chain roller. I have to presume that it was the R type model for its day. So maybe the oil shake Rashid Acmed Mohammed Oman Samir Amani Marwan, or RAMOSAN for short. The 3/4 wrap does look like a pair of rams horns from the side. Call it the Ram.

What was that song by America back in the 70's?

I went to the desert with a saw with no name,
It felt good to be out of the rain...

The 044 photo

The Saw With No Name:

attachment.php

Kenny? Hey, Kenny wears orange hooded coats on the TV show South Park.
But they always kill him off in every episode. :cry:

I figured out that this 044 has the high capacity oiler. It gushes oil... Also had the 3/4 wrap from the get go with the huge dogs and chain roller. I have to presume that it was the R type model for its day. So maybe the oil shake Rashid Acmed Mohammed Oman Samir Amani Marwan, or RAMOSAN for short. The 3/4 wrap does look like a pair of rams horns from the side. Call it the Ram.

Well, then you know what to yell when your Kenny dies. THEY KILLED KENNY!YOU :censored:S! I like that show, sometimes.
Modify it to KENNY WON'T START. YOU :censored:!

I like that. Something more to yell. :greenchainsaw:

'Cept this saw always starts. Every time. I can even flip the full choke to fast idle in time to keep it from dying, so its like 2 or 3 pulls at most.

'Cept this saw always starts. Every time. I can even flip the full choke to fast idle in time to keep it from dying, so its like 2 or 3 pulls at most.

That's the only redeming quality about my 460, Sarah. She always is in the mood....to start that is!

Back