Name that saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was given another saw yesterday and the name on it is "Oleo Mac". Made in Italy is under the bar cover. Tried to look up name and nothing. Anyone have any idea what this thing is?? Pictures attached.

Doc

Oleomac

The first # on the flywheel cover is 9 so i'm thinking possibly a 952????? The 937 has a red carb cover in the pic's .Anyone else own one of these? I've read the Italian site that makes'em but does anyone here own/ever ran one? How good are they etc..... I'd even listen to rumours about the saw at this point. Lol.:greenchainsaw:

Doc

what is it ?

your saw could very well be a european only release from oloe mac, witch is the efco,corp they should be able to identify,with your numbers at base pto side of your cylender, usually on these you can find ccs / casting run codes ect. could very well be the models mentioned, above. perhaps you have a low production run euro model,

as for quality first class build tolerances! a very proud deticaded group of 2 cycle engine developers, in the northern italian town reggio imola where some of the highest quality hand crafted cars are assembled. researched and developed,production numbers i dont believe where ever really as important to them. (olympyk) as producing hand built quality, build tolerances, using very high quality metal in there processes, very high quality! crank shaft materials used. lots of magnesium throughout,the best bearings money could buy, in there saws. very high quality nikasil in there cylenders as well as very thick,i have had several models over the years old and new,still own several my to personal favorites are 264 f ( 999 euro, bought wile in north italy) as far as how they stack up agianst the competition, clearly over built in some areas, and models, (not always a bad thing) very rugged saws.not known for there light weight, usually very good broad powerbands, (lugging power) very heavy duty clutches on many models. perhaps mis understood by many,and also seem to have a cult like following! for the ones that love em. clearly not as well known as some brands around the world, however i feel that any body (could learn) something from that group of saw engineers. some very talented minds at work. as for myself i can truely appreciate them.

It's a 938/941. They're good little saws.

Any idea what bar/chain setup for this saw? The guy that gave it to me said oiler wasn't working so i added oil and it works great or at least seems to put out enough oil, as per other saws i own.

I'm pretty sure the slot for the 938/941 bar is 8.2mm like a lot of the smaller top handle Stihl and Husky saws. I remember running a 16" Stihl small mount bar and chain on my 941. I don't think you'd want to go any bigger than a 16".

I'm pretty sure the slot for the 938/941 bar is 8.2mm like a lot of the smaller top handle Stihl and Husky saws. I remember running a 16" Stihl small mount bar and chain on my 941. I don't think you'd want to go any bigger than a 16".

Oregon selector guide says K095, that is the "small Husky" mount.

That sounds right then because Efco/Oleo-Mac made some of the smaller top handle saws for Jonsered and they're listed in Bailey's cross-reference along with the small Husky bars in the same applications. I can't remember if I had to change the length of the chain in order to run that Stihl bar on there.

Latest posts

Back