Nc/sc Gtg 5-10-08

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peacock was offering some friendly help..........

Use the video's to gain some respect. You were a nice guy at the gtg, act like that here. More will start to take your word a little better.

Yes!

Anyway, it is cool that you pulled that gtg off - I admit that I suspected it was hot air from both sides, for a while.....

:cheers: :cheers:

Yes!

Anyway, it is cool that you pulled that gtg off - I admit that I suspected it was hot air from both sides, for a while.....

:cheers: :cheers:

Yup, way before this gtg I was bad about bashing those husky/Jred saws. I figured it was getting old and would chill. If they are good enough for the #3 spot, they are ok in my book. I'm sticking with Stihl either way.......

The gtg was worth the trouble, everyone had fun.:cheers:

Where was your "stock" 440????

:blob5: :blob5:

I knew there would be a stock 460 there so it was kind of moot to bring, also ran out of time. If a 2171/372 had showed, I would have went home and got it. It is really stock less the DP cover, I sold the hot rod 044...:cry: :cry: :cry:

XJWoody brought his saws to run um'.

:)

Sandvik folding blade limbing saw

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CyDQIBe9ChE"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CyDQIBe9ChE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

16"-18" wood:
2000ssm6 460 - 8.3 sec.
XJWoody 361 "Lakerized" - 11.7 sec.
ents 460 - 11.9 sec.
wanab redmax 621 - 12.9 sec.
wanab 346xp - 13.0 sec.
ents 044 - 13.0 sec.
2000ssm6 361 - 14.6 sec.
wanab 455 rancher - 18.5 sec.
2000ssm6 026 - 19.9 sec.
XJWoody 029 FB - 21.4 sec.
10"-12" wood:
wanab 346xp - 7.6 sec.
200ssm6 026 - 9.1 sec.
XJWoody dolmar 401 - 17.8 sec.

Interesting times on that list, very interesting. Especially the 044 and 346 both doing 13 seconds in the same wood, thats amazing. So amazing it tends to tell me alot of saw operator errors shown in those times. Makes no nevermind though as long as everyone had a good time,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

So amazing it tends to tell me alot of saw operator errors shown in those times.

how so?

MS460 11.9 sec.- HP 6.0
MS440 13.0 sec.- HP 5.4
MS361 14.6 sec.- HP 4.4

if you look at the HP ratings the spread would indicate little deviation.

:biggrinbounce2:

i dont blame the master for being upset through. shouldn't
allow the puppets to handle things on their own.

Last edited:
how so?

MS460 11.9 sec.- HP 6.0
MS440 13.0 sec.- HP 5.4
MS361 14.6 sec.- HP 4.4

if you look at the HP ratings the spread would indicate little deviation.

:biggrinbounce2:

i dont blame the master for being upset through. shouldn't
allow the puppets to handle things on their own.

Haha, thats what I'm talking about, the times verses the saws. I happen to own a 044 my friend and a 346 also, they aren't even in the same ball park. Thats why I said I find those times showing alot of operator error. Its ok though, looks like yaw had a good time. Had the smooth operator been there, ME, you would be licking your wounds,LOLOLOL

LMAO... I think none of the operators were ultra-smooth that day... No one's owned up to dull chains, backwards chains, gas in the bar-oil hole, or flesh wounds yet (I had the :censored: flesh wound... gloves are good y'all)

I know I have never cut wood 'for time', or on camera before... clean, horizontal wood at waist height, no stumbling over cut rounds, no ground to hit. Gee whiz!

LMAO... I think none of the operators were ultra-smooth that day... No one's owned up to dull chains, backwards chains, gas in the bar-oil hole, or flesh wounds yet (I had the :censored: flesh wound... gloves are good y'all)

I know I have never cut wood 'for time', or on camera before... clean, horizontal wood at waist height, no stumbling over cut rounds, no ground to hit. Gee whiz!

Don't worry about it Woody, let ole Wanab have his fun. He's more less just teasing. Looks like yaw had a good time. Maybe when ole Hoss and me throw one in Virginia one of these days I'll invite ole Wanab and send him home with cotton stuffed in his behind,LOL He aint used to us ole geezer Va men. Up here were so smooth with a saw even silk seems ruff to the touch,LOL

LOL, you left out the part where I didn't put the fuel cap on my 361 and dumped gas all down my leg.:cry: :cry: :cry:

LOL, you left out the part where I didn't put the fuel cap on my 361 and dumped gas all down my leg.:cry: :cry: :cry:

You've done that too, haha. I was working on a saw the other day, thought I was done, picked it up to fired up and dayummmmmmmmmm, gas cap sitting on the table and fuel mix running down my leg. Luckily not much in the tank. As Forrest Gump said, sh-t happens,LOL

Haha, thats what I'm talking about, the times verses the saws. I happen to own a 044 my friend and a 346 also, they aren't even in the same ball park. Thats why I said I find those times showing alot of operator error. Its ok though, looks like yaw had a good time. Had the smooth operator been there, ME, you would be licking your wounds,LOLOLOL

You must have another season of the Soprano's, LOL. Where ya been? I'm going to say selling the heck out of those Stihls.:clap: We had a great time! I hope Wanabe decides to act better here because he was a great guy at the gtg.

And operator error........I was the worse..........LOL.

You must have another season of the Soprano's, LOL. Where ya been? I'm going to say selling the heck out of those Stihls.:clap: We had a great time! I hope Wanabe decides to act better here because he was a great guy at the gtg.

And operator error........I was the worse..........LOL.

I've been running my azz off the last month or so, sales have been good. Pull a $13,180.00 sale yesterday, thats one sale mind ya. Between sales and repairs this ole man has been feeling his age.

Yeah that ole Wanab is a good guy, he aint fooling me at all. Thats why when he comes to the showdown in Va one day he's gonna meet Mr Smooth with razor sharp chains and fine tuned saws. I'm ordering cotton online for his ole behind as we speak,LOLOL

I forgot about that! I've done that with bar oil before... Grrrr to flippy caps LOL

I also left out the part where I pulled the rope out of the little Husky... :clap: It was skeered & let go! Next time it'll get to strut it's stuff.

Last edited:
I forgot about that! I've done that with bar oil before... Grrrr to flippy caps LOL

I also left out the part where I pulled the rope out of the little Husky... :clap: It was skeered & let go! Next time it'll get to strut it's stuff.

Heck, it didn't even put the flippy cap on, just left it hanging.:dizzy: :dizzy: My leg was on fire most of the day.:angry2:

Yup, get the rope back on the husky and bring the 440 next time. We can have a 440 show down.:clap:

I've been running my azz off the last month or so, sales have been good. Pull a $13,180.00 sale yesterday, thats one sale mind ya. Between sales and repairs this ole man has been feeling his age.

Yeah that ole Wanab is a good guy, he aint fooling me at all. Thats why when he comes to the showdown in Va one day he's gonna meet Mr Smooth with razor sharp chains and fine tuned saws. I'm ordering cotton online for his ole behind as we speak,LOLOL

LOL! I could see him walking around with cotton dragging off his ***. I don't know if you saw the pics but I ran the 346 and 455, they were nice saws. Just not nice enough to pull me over to the dark side.:chainsaw:

Oh yeah, that 361 that I ran was not mine, the guy asked me if I wanted to buy it after the GTG. So I now own a 361, with a soon to be "Lake" muffler. XJ's 361 ran awesome, seemed to be a good amount of power robbed from the choked stock muffler.

Last edited:

O crud your back on. More soprano disc coming you way.:)

Back