NE346xp muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the 5100 being more powerful and better built, I doubt it.

I guess what i should have said is.....I have both and I know which one I like best. There Thats a nicer way of putting it.

so your saying somebodys that actually owns both saws and uses them to cut wood fur real thinks the Husky is better?

LMAO!

the 346 has a much better reliability record than the dolmar if im not mistaken.

The important difference is how they handle in the woods (not just at the wood-pile), and the Husky sure is the winner there.....:clap: :clap:

:)

A stock 361 beat a ported 346 at the GTG so what ya got to say about that?:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

really, i must have missed that.

LMFAO!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/90svhp5j6LY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/90svhp5j6LY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6KUyxCfxY0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6KUyxCfxY0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I love the 361 but out of all my saws, it doesn't get used much.:D

mighty strange how between all of mine and your saws we both think the 361 needs to be the first one to go.

LMAO!

My foot is due for surgery November the 11th (just got the message)- so hopefully next year will be more like normal.......:)

i wish you the best my friend, a one footed Troll is not a good place to be!

:cheers:

the 346 has a much better reliability record than the dolmar if im not mistaken.

BS, the Dolmar's hold up just as well. The 5100 and 346 have different uses, the 346 being a limber while the 5100 is a bucking/felling saw. So for very little more weight and more power, the 5100 seems to be the better choice.

really, i must have missed that.

I didn't open the video's but I'm sure it was not Don's 361, that ran a 11.7 to your 346's 13.0. Pretty bad a muffler modded 361 beat a ported "stock" 346.:ices_rofl:

mighty strange how between all of mine and your saws we both think the 361 needs to be the first one to go.

If I only had one saw, the 361 may be my choice, close to the 440. I knew the saw could bring good $$$ and it is the nicest one I have next to my 440s. One had to go and it was not going to be a 440.;)

A stock 361 beat a ported 346 at the GTG so what ya got to say about that?:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

I didn't open the video's but I'm sure it was not Don's 361, that ran a 11.7 to your 346's 13.0. Pretty bad a muffler modded 361 beat a ported "stock" 346.:ices_rofl:

K, so the saw wasnt stock. thanks for clearing that up for me. the ported 346 beat the stock 361 like i thought. for one to be able to have a stock saw that is modded is a bit of an oxymoron to me.

:greenchainsaw:

His saw had a muffler mod, according to you, that is all your 346 had. I don't consider a muffler mod and a ported saw to be in the same ball game.

seem your unable to tell the difference if you thought both our saw where stock...

:monkey:

Last edited:
BS, the Dolmar's hold up just as well. The 5100 and 346 have different uses, the 346 being a limber while the 5100 is a bucking/felling saw. So for very little more weight and more power, the 5100 seems to be the better choice.

That used to be about true, but not after the NE346xp hit the market. :clap: :clap:

They are both very good saws, but the 346xp is the winner in the woods, as it is nimbler and handle better.

seem your unable to tell the difference if you thought both our saw where stock...

:monkey:

I knew his was stock, and after the muffler mod on mine a sharper chain could have made the extra 1 second difference. I thought yours was quick but never ran one so I had nothing to compare it to. Got any more lies? LOL.

I knew his was stock...

LOL.

:dizzy:

i give up!

ima gonna go wring out a saw that is the real 50cc champ!

attachment.php

:cheers:

Last edited:
the new 346xp e-tech with the part number on them 544-02-85-01 is a cat muffer. it does not have "cat" stamped anywhere on it. i think this is was this topic was started at...?

Last edited:
Just admit the 5100 is the better saw.

No!! the 346 is the better saw.

The 5100 is a hot rod, but if you start to look a little deeper, or start to work on them, you will soon come to the realization they were rushed to the market before they were ready.

Last edited:
I just purchased a 2008 346 XP on the recommendation of my local dealer(a personal friend). He sells both Husqvarna and Stihl. I told him that I wanted good reliable saw for cutting firewood because I was not happy with a MS 260 I had purchased from him two years earlier.(Poor starting and underpowered) It was his opinion that the NE 346xp was exactly what I was looking for. He said that he had two of these saws himself as well as his head mechanic who had just bought one also. They absolutely raved about this saw.
They were right. For a small to midsize saw, this thing has an attitude. Head and shoulders above my lowly 260. Just no comparison. I own 102 acres on the foothills of the Adirondacks and use my saws to cut firewood. Approx 20-30 cord /year. The 346xp is light and very nimble in the woods. I think just the fact that there is such a buzz created by the new edition of this saw speaks for itself.
Not trying to bash Stihl because there is no doubt that they make a darn good product. But in my personal experience(owning two comparible saws in terms of dispacement/weight), the 346xp will be taking this victory lap!!!!!!

Has anybody actually changed from a cat muffler to a non cat muffler? How did you do it? Was any performance gains noticed? I have a new 353 E-tech and it runs so good that I would be concerned about a performance drop. The two areas I am thinking about is throttle response and exhaust emissions. I like the fact that there is almost no petroleum smell with this saw at all. I do run the Husqvarna veggie bar oil.
ZG

Has anybody actually changed from a cat muffler to a non cat muffler? How did you do it? Was any performance gains noticed? I have a new 353 E-tech and it runs so good that I would be concerned about a performance drop. The two areas I am thinking about is throttle response and exhaust emissions. I like the fact that there is almost no petroleum smell with this saw at all. I do run the Husqvarna veggie bar oil.
ZG

you will get better throttle response and performance, the other stuff you mentioned will increase !

Latest posts

Back