Need a little help porting a 346

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These were my 346 jug lowers.

This is the jug 0n my 350 just matched to the riser.

upper transfers.

My numbers were 79in 105 ex 119 tr .017 squish
Very happy with the way it runs. First time ever using the handpieces, that right angle takes some finesse.

upper transfers.

Very happy with the way it runs. First time ever using the handpieces, that right angle takes some finesse.
Nice work.

Thanks much to you Ironworker for asking the question and to you Brad for the pictures of how you attack this cylinder. I have some time off work around Christmas so I think I will use some of it whittling on my 346 cylinder using these instructions.

Great Sharing Guys.

Nice port work Brad

Iron worker. on one of your first portings. don't be afaid to stop at 60-65% of bore. At 70 percent port shape is very important and a little narrower is more forgiving. Ecspecially on newer Huskys compression and good duration numbers get you most of the gain.

a good tip is to draw the stock port on your piston with a pencil after you have ported you can check to see how symmetrical your port shape is.

David

upper transfers.

Randy put up a thread here somewhere regarding using a right angle. Its helped me very much.

If your holding the hand piece in your right hand and grinding on a left side transfer. Drop into the port against the far wall, grind down to the corner and back towards your body. No chatter that way.

Great Sharing Guys.

Nice port work Brad

Iron worker. on one of your first portings. don't be afaid to stop at 60-65% of bore. At 70 percent port shape is very important and a little narrower is more forgiving. Ecspecially on newer Huskys compression and good duration numbers get you most of the gain.

a good tip is to draw the stock port on your piston with a pencil after you have ported you can check to see how symmetrical your port shape is.

David
Symmetry is definatly something I need to improve on thanks.

Back