Need an 020AT Stihl...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
020T

The 020T runs some where in the neighborhood of $460.oo plus 6.5% tax up here. The saw on e-bay looks shadey. Thaks though. $66.oo is cheep it must have lots of hours or something wrong.:confused:

020av

Tony let me know what you want for that saw. Maybe send me a picture......:p
What is the difference in the 020T and the 020AV. We use the 020T. So that is what I'm use to. I need a good climbing saw to do side work. Thanks.....

ive never had the pleasure of owning a 020 t . this was stihls premere top handled saw ,before the 020t.
i know its some heavier than the new version. fellas i wont be offended if u can shed some lite on the differences.
id rather he get the saw thats best for him.i like it right well. think if i bought it i might get new bar. this ones good an tight an chain moves free tho. i keep my cs 3000 right close as its the general purpose quick job saw. so this one is getting light use. i dont quit working onum till they cut well tho . 35 cc top handle if some o the fellas tell u more an u are interested froggy . email me. i dont do pictures but my son might could . dont know for sure. darin i appologise . just thought i might be able to help him out with somethin,i dont have to have.if u want to delete this post id have to understand that and why.

020AV

I believe we are talking about the first and second versions of the 020. The first will be all magnesium, the second will be plastic(oops, space age polymer).
The first is a great saw, but will drive you crazy trying to keep it going, carbs and ignition are the culprits. Replace the carb and keep everything spotless when reassembling seems to help.
The second version is still very powerful for its size. Will it be as durable? Tell you in a few years. Will not tolerate dirty air filters.

The ones I have in service are holding up well, only one worn piston so far, and that one was used daily, all day. We warranteed it for him. The guys using them around here will not go back.

yea this is the magnesium. but she runs good ,no problems for me,and she ll get on into a pretty good size chunk o wood..no chain break.dang its setting here beside me an the more i fool with it the more i like it . well whatever.

020AV

I always thought it was the most powerful saw of it's size at the time. Still a pleasure to use. I must get at least 6 ayear to repair, but too many of them have set with old fuel and ate the inlet seat. If I had a good running one, I would be using it. Keep the gas fresh.

right ,im pretty well convinced on the stihl or echo 50-1 and 90 or above gas..
they just wk for me. i appreciate the insight about my saw . later now

Originally posted by tony marks
yea this is the magnesium. but she runs good ,no problems for me,and she ll get on into a pretty good size chunk o wood..no chain break.dang its setting here beside me an the more i fool with it the more i like it . well whatever.

Sounds exactly like my last girlfriend! Real hardbody. :p

unhuh :D kinda the same thing .
getum close ,the more time goes by . the better they start to look . let me get the heck outa dodge here ,for red catches me.:eek: wait a minute honey ,reds the feller on the other end o this thang.
im gone:D

Re: you mean 020T, well, here's one:

That puppy has some serious hours on it! My boss has three 020T's, all running. This one looks worse than his OLDEST one! How long since Stihl made them with a black air filter cover?
I’m still trying to find out more about the black top versions also. Did you ever discover anything?

Heh.... Replying to a 20 year old thread.

Brian's around, but not on AS..and I almost never visit. I'm semi-retired from arboriculture. 47 years was enough.

Back