Need Firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had little good luck with tree companies. Do the phone book thing and make some calls. Tell them you can help clean onsite or have a location they can drop off. Stress you can work around their schedules. I have had better luck with logging operations on the state land. Part of the contracts here is the landing site has to be cleaned at the end of the job. A performance bond is held. Call your local forester and ask about open jobs in your area. The forester can give the information on cutting on state land as well. In my area they are very good.

Also, I have a hobby farm 60 miles from my house. I rarely cut fire wood there because of transporting.

How to contact places that would have free wood they don't want. Thanks for your help.

On occaision, I've had good luck with Craigslist........ but you have to be willing to cut, buck, and split it.:greenchainsaw:

Free firewood thats ready to burn is few and far between.

cant we kee[ it going

Where are you guys getting the girls with the tractors pics?? Can't we keep it going without anyone getting offended?? Pretty tame but its been a long winter and it makes summer look so good!! Thanks:clap: Just for the record I do not drag my knuckles on the ground and I make a point to open doors for ladies when they don't take offense to it!!

It has been a long winter. We need something to entertain us. Got lucky!!!!! Found two truckloads of seasoned firewood over the weekend. All cut and split that doesn't happen very often. Still cold here in OH.

It has been a long winter. We need something to entertain us. Got lucky!!!!! Found two truckloads of seasoned firewood over the weekend. All cut and split that doesn't happen very often. Still cold here in OH.

You are right, that doesn't happen often.

Free wood is good.

all cut and split, even better.

:greenchainsaw:

Good for you farm girl...!

Diligence pays off! Keep your eyes peeled for more freebies...I'm always on the prowl for free firewood. If you ever get to the point where you just have to buy I can hook you up with a couple folks I've bought from that may interest you.

Around this area you have less than five minutes to get free firewood from Craigslist. There is that much of a demand due to job loss in this area.

I know what you mean...

Around this area you have less than five minutes to get free firewood from Craigslist. There is that much of a demand due to job loss in this area.

I've driven out to some spots within minutes of seeing an ad in craigslist and it's gone by the time I get there.:dizzy: Keep looking and do it all year long and it usually pays off.
All the best to ya.

More Pictures anyone.

i like the tractors.:popcorn:
Don't look at her eyes.
0000056438_20090413133511.jpg

Last edited:
Why is all the beautiful women ending up on my site? Where are the mountain men with muscles, long hair and beards? Need something for us women to look at!!!!!!

Ask and ye shall receive: (minus the long hair, and my sand hills ain't exactly mountains)

attachment.php

I'll probably get a bunch of negative reps from the guys looking for girlie pics, but hey, who cares! BTW, that's my tractor, splitter, and Stihl MS290 in the pic, if you were a few hundred miles closer, free wood would be available here! :hmm3grin2orange:

Ask and ye shall receive: (minus the long hair, and my sand hills ain't exactly mountains)

attachment.php

I'll probably get a bunch of negative reps from the guys looking for girlie pics, but hey, who cares! BTW, that's my tractor, splitter, and Stihl MS290 in the pic, if you were a few hundred miles closer, free wood would be available here! :hmm3grin2orange:

holy wha! now I feel bad....he got a packer shirt on!:)

No negative rep here! That sexy tractor sure is easy on the eyes. :clap: :cheers:

Why is all the beautiful women ending up on my site? Where are the mountain men with muscles, long hair and beards? Need something for us women to look at!!!!!!

Bad things happen when I work in town with no shirt. I couldn't take the bad luck it might bring if I posted a topless picture of myself on the internet. See this post.

Hmmm, you mentioning one of the neighbors introduced herself reminds me, I still have a big Hackberry trunk to go back after....

Pine Firewood

You guys will know the answer to this question. Pine wood is it worth burning?
How much tar is in it, does the tar ever dry out and leave.
I don't want to take a chance messing up the chimney.

tar BAAADDDDD .... women GOOODDDD ! hahah

aside from my frankenstein impression, pine is good for some people, with outdoor woodburners and campfires etc .

but its a mess on saws and in your nice pretty indoor stoves. can cause tar buildup and tooth decay . :dizzy:

stick to hardwoods, or anything beefier than poplar :censored:

use this for reference
http://www.chimneysweeponline.com/howood.htm

Pine makes awesome kindling. It burns hot and fast. Creosote buildup is a function of incomplete combustion, not natural resins.

You're much more likely to get a chimney fire burning unseasoned oak that simmers in the fire than you are by burning well-seasoned conifers.

The major drawback to pine is that it has a real short burn time. A cord of pine, therefore, woun't last as long or put out as much heat as a cord of a higher btu species like maple, ash or oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back