Need help choosing chainsaw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personaly would stay away from stihl. I have been around some of the older ones and some of the newer ones, there is no comparison. the newer ones are sub par.

oh boy, here we go... :poke: :sword:

I know you're a :newbie:, but really, you should know better.

oh boy, here we go... :poke: :sword:

I know you're a :newbie:, but really, you should know better.

I was so thinking the same thing.

Joeb keep checkin classifieds in your area an awesome deal might pop up and then you can spend some of your 500 bucks on a nice saw helmet and pants.

Will an electric work for you? If you only use it a couple times a year, you won't have to mess with fuel.

I bought a 345 at my last job for a climbing saw. It winds up nice, but is pretty restricted. I probably wouldn't size up an 8' redwood, but if you're a homeowner, not a landowner or rancher, than it'll do.

FWIW, I might shop used, but husky and stihl do build these low cc saws for guys like you. It'd be light years above a wild thing!

Will an electric work for you? If you only use it a couple times a year, you won't have to mess with fuel.
I used an 18" Remington electric for several years. Ran great and cut well but that cord was a real pain. You always had to be aware of where the cord was, it was constantly getting tangled in the brush, and you couldn't be more than about 100 yards away from a power source.

Latest posts

Back