Need help deciding on a saw. MS660 VS MS461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You said you were upgrading from the 362, whats happening with it, are you selling/ trading or keeping it? If the new saw is to be your only saw, then I wouldn't go bigger than 461. You will wear yourself out using a 660 for everything, all day long!

Keep the 362[/I] and get both the 461 and 660. :greenchainsaw:

Sooo many decisions to make...

Like which bank you would "one" rob first to afford to buy both..?? - -J/K...but that would be expensive.

And then (if married) you must 'compensate'...with shoes and purse's for your other half...:cry:
:cheers:
J2F

I'd save weight and $$ and sell the 362 and buy the Jred 2172 in the auction and never look back.

Or the 2165 that looks like new for $475. I had expressed interest in that saw last time it was listed but the OP wouldnt except paypal so I passed. Paypal is easier for me than going and getting a money order or cashier's check. I wound up spending twice that amount and going thru Randy to buy the like new ported 2188 another member had for sale. I may inquire on the 2165 again if it sits there too long.:D

Thanks guys,
In a perfect world i would buy both. I feel like the 461 is definitely the smarter choice but the 660 also beckons. :msp_sad: I've been on this site for 3 days and have already caught a raging case of CAD.

in stuff i cut ,i have a 660,a 461 and a 440 ,if i'm cutting for hours i grab the 440 most of the time ,it works fine and weighs less ,i run 32 inch bars on all 3 saws

I came to a decision

Guys,
I came to a decision. I am the proud owner of a ..........................................STIHL MS660. All in all, if i didn't get the 660 i was always going to wonder about how much more power it would have had. I am slowly getting used to the weight of it. I have a 28" bar on it now and i am buying a 36 and a 20. I received a cool little Stihl 011 and i can use that for limbing if need be. Thank you to everyone who gave me their opinions, i really considered all of them. And i think that later on i may pick up an 440 or a 461.

Congrats! Hope you like. I considered a 660. Opted for the 461. No regrets. Currently modding my 260 trying to avoid buying a 562. I think it is inevitable:rock:

You guys on this forum are getting soft!
Buy both of the saws and if the wife disagrees, get a new wife while you're at it...
Woot woot!! CAD ROCKS!

Hooray MS461

[video=youtube;L1qLgHec388]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1qLgHec388[/video]

You guys on this forum are getting soft!
Buy both of the saws and if the wife disagrees, get a new wife while you're at it...
Woot woot!! CAD ROCKS!

She bought me the 461 for Christmas. She helps me to cut, load, haul and split. I think I'll keep her. I married her last week. :msp_wink:

Congrats on the 660. :msp_thumbsup:

Put a 25" on it and have fun. Put a 36" bar on the wall and wait till you get sum experience. It will cum!

Never liked the 362. I have a 361 and believe the statement....can't improve perfection.

So little grasshopper your next saw should be a 361. Put a 16" on it .

Saw Safe .

Uncle Muff

Congrats on the 660. :msp_thumbsup:

Put a 25" on it and have fun. Put a 36" bar on the wall and wait till you get sum experience. It will cum!

Never liked the 362. I have a 361 and believe the statement....can't improve perfection.

So little grasshopper your next saw should be a 361. Put a 16" on it .

Saw Safe .

Uncle Muff

you must like to bend over ,running those short bars ;)

Back