Need help finding rivets for old saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KW83

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have to replace the bearing in the clutch assembly on my KB7-B which involves drilling out rivets. I tried some 3/16 rivets for replacement, but they seem awful loose. The old rivets measure .202. They need to be 1" long flush head. This is also my first solid riveting job. I checked with Mr. Google and couldn't locate any. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Get some common nails, or flat head bolts. File to size, then cut and pound that end with a (ball pein) hammer until the head mushrooms.

Harbor freight sells 1/4" pop rivets that you can drive out the center pin and use what's left as the
rivet!

Get some common nails, or flat head bolts. File to size, then cut and pound that end with a (ball pein) hammer until the head mushrooms.

Harbor freight sells 1/4" pop rivets that you can drive out the center pin and use what's left as the
rivet!
Every time I hear ball peen hammer I think of Red Green. "If this ends the ball then this end(flat end) must be the peen." I can't help it.

Thanks for your input fellows.

Back