Need help for Ticks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:censored: TICKS! I despise them worse than spiders! Lyme is serious, and I know of several folks, including an AS member infected with that :censored: disease. The two worst cases I know of personally was one guy going BLIND due to his optic nerve being affected, and another "health nut" who exercised and ate healthier than anyone I ever knew, who almost DIED within a month of contracting Lyme. Thw guy who almos died wore an antibiotic pump for a month or so, but has never regained his earlier self. The guy going blind chose some homeopathic remedy after being told by his doctor that they couldn't do anything for him. He sees just fine without his glasses now, but its a miracle for him. :censored: Ticks! and mosquitos and horseflies or bugs that transfer to their "victim"!

All right, here's the old school Farmer trick, which my dad claimed worked. What you do is take a couple of cattle ear tags and affix them to your boots, near the top. But sounds like you need the guinie's.

Is that wise ?

A cow weighs 1800 pounds, one tag per cow. A man weighs 180 pounds and gets a dose good for 3600 pounds of animal. :confused:

Something in the back of my head says this is not a good idea.

Avon lady!

Hey, if you use a product from Avon on yourself and your dogs it works pretty good.
Use the original Skin So Soft. It is like an oil for your skin. Put it liberally on your skin and also put it on the dogs. The ticks don't like it.
I used to live in Hawaii and the ticks are bad there in the brush.
We would put it on the dogs and they wouldn't get ticks.

Is that wise ?

A cow weighs 1800 pounds, one tag per cow. A man weighs 180 pounds and gets a dose good for 3600 pounds of animal. :confused:

Something in the back of my head says this is not a good idea.

I dunno, but I can for sure tell ya an 1800lb cow is one big sum _itch. Could be why it worked so well. But I don't think they work the same on us---- we don't flip our necks around touching other parts to distribute the chem's. I really don't think the chemicals are that strong. The tags, somtimes more than one on cows are used more for identification than anything, IMO. And I wouldn't put them on the inside anyway, Sorry I wasn't sure if that's what you were thinkin. Or not.

cmetalbend, It would probably work no doubt about it. It just seems like a lot of cumulative affects going through your system. More than I want anyways.

I won't say it is a bad idea, just one I wouldn't practice

Look at the bright side! At lease you don't have turkey mites. I've come out the knobs and thought my pants were alive. To prevent ticks and mites I spray some kind of deet spray around my ankles and around my belt line. I don't like to spray it on my skin, and that works for me. Some people for what ever reason do taste better to em but I'm not one those people.

Hey, if you use a product from Avon on yourself and your dogs it works pretty good.
Use the original Skin So Soft. It is like an oil for your skin. Put it liberally on your skin and also put it on the dogs. The ticks don't like it.
I used to live in Hawaii and the ticks are bad there in the brush.
We would put it on the dogs and they wouldn't get ticks.

It works well for the Midge in Scotland but you do smell a bit Err Gay!

They make cattle and deer licks here packed with garlic the biting critters dont like it!

Ya I just got bit by a tick now i got to get check for lyme disease this is really ******* me off already... I order some of this mosquitobarrier.com to spray my land I hope it works...

Ticks

There is a healthy way to rid yourself of these ticks. My girlfriend got lime disease and spoke to her doctor about the same scenario...he told her that the best way to do this and not hurt your pets is to soak cotton in a insecticide and place the cotton in a PVC and place it on a wood line around the house. Mice which are carriers of ticks will collect the cotton to bring to there nest. The insecticide will not harm the little creatures, it will just kill the ticks off of them and eventually start killing off more and more ticks.

There is a healthy way to rid yourself of these ticks. My girlfriend got lime disease and spoke to her doctor about the same scenario...he told her that the best way to do this and not hurt your pets is to soak cotton in a insecticide and place the cotton in a PVC and place it on a wood line around the house. Mice which are carriers of ticks will collect the cotton to bring to there nest. The insecticide will not harm the little creatures, it will just kill the ticks off of them and eventually start killing off more and more ticks.

So what kills the dam mice I hate those little buggers hy yield 38
has wiped out my ticks but deer mice suck, they carry disease too
and chew my friggin wiring the sob's :angry:

Woodpile,

Ticks suck! I'm in SE PA and they are bad this year, worst ever....

I took one off my wife (yup, I found it ;) ) and she had the deer tick / lyme bulls eye show up.

Took the tick and wife to the doctor and she's now on antibiotics and has to go back in 6 weeks and get a lyme test!

Did I say I HATE those *^&%%%!

JD in Tick Infested SE PA

Woodpile,

Ticks suck! I'm in SE PA and they are bad this year, worst ever....

I took one off my wife (yup, I found it ;) ) and she had the deer tick / lyme bulls eye show up.

Took the tick and wife to the doctor and she's now on antibiotics and has to go back in 6 weeks and get a lyme test!

Did I say I HATE those *^&%%%!

JD in Tick Infested SE PA

Skytow,

I'm in the NE PA. ya they been the worst I every seen myself... I been picking them off my 2 dogs ( chow chows ) every day it sucks I worried there going to get lyme ... Well I went yesterday for the test I will no if I have it or not ... Hope your wife test come back good.... good luck

I'm in NE PA and picked on off this week after cutting firewood last weekend...didn't get a lyme ring but doc put me on antibotics anyway...we're getting them off the dogs all the time...

Osage Orange fruit

A great natural insect repellant is the fruit from an osage orange tree. You cut the fruit and wipe the juice on your skin. I am not sure if it works for tick repellant though.

If the Osage tree is the same as the Hedge Apple tree here in KY my dad use to put the apples in the barn to repel spiders. Hedge Apple makes excelent fence posts.

I thank you all for your help and suggestion I will keep trying everthing we talk about until I kill them little b*****ds... I will you post what happens...

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back