Need Help Mice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better mouser than the cat

My boarder collie/blue heeler cross will out mouse either one of the cats. She hates the little bastards. I've seen her flip a 4x4 pallet to get to them. Yesteday she tried to overturn a railroad tie along the garden trying to get to some. The only problem is she tried to eat the rubber bumper off the horse trailer trying to get to some that had holed up in the bumper. Great dog.

Go to the local farm or feed store, ask them for a product called Bar Bait. I use it in all my barns and sheds, don't ever see a mouse. They eat it and then when they drink it activates it and kills their azz.
We've got some barn cats, but I've got some sheds that are tight, fully enclosed and they can't get in them to get the mice/rats.
I've used the bar bait for years and it sure has kept the place rodent free. I just throw it behind stuff where a dog can't get to it, I could care less if one of the old cats eat it. I suspect it has killed a possum or two I have found in the barn with no signs of being attacked by the dogs, also one skunk that was found dead had no signs of being attacked or shot. I like it!
WOW! You couldn’t care less about the cats getting it. Such a great person. Karma

Back