Need help with a member pinesfarm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says "blank" must own a stihl no matter who's rep i put my cursor over.

there is a lot more to this rep then we even realize. when I put the curser over his rep it says "he must own a stihl and he ain't gonna part with it"

That was hilarious. I can't rep you right now, maybe not even tomorrow because I don't know if I have repped you.

But that was funny enough that you should get some. Rep him not the guy who has taken a quarter of a year to ship a saw.

there is a lot more to this rep then we even realize. when I put the curser over his rep it says "he must own a stihl and he ain't gonna part with it"

I almost got my $300 worth of laughs on that one. :drool:

when I hit it though it says his stihl is "in the mail"

I have seen members that have only been here 4 months have more pos
"rep" than me, so that is a useless gauge.

attachment.php

giving a teen rep for coming clean is a crime?

No. The problem is in giving some positive rep before he's actually DONE what he should have done in the first place.

Talk is cheap, and so far, all anybody has seen from this kid is bad actions and empty talk.

I can't see how that's reason to give positive rep. Time enough for that when he actually DOES something right.

You shouldn't bash Bush, you know. Sounds like you two have a lot in common with your warm-and-fuzzy-non-thinking "compassion". (Which isn't really compassion at all.)

wtf does that mean???

The "rep" **** is totally meaningless........

He could rip off 1/3 of the memebers here, and after a few days of bland posts
be a fine standing member here..

This discussion is "very" silly.....

IF people used it like it's intended, it would be useful. But ever since the rep begging started, it IS meaningless. I got rep this morning for a post which contained exactly this:

:hmm3grin2orange:

That's it. Just a laughing orange face. I got positive rep for that. :monkey:

My guess is that somebody needed to "spread it around" so they could go tag one of their rep buddies again. So they randomly picked me.

So some folks are having fun, but the net result is that the system is rendered meaningless.

I wouldn't mind seeing the whole "rep" thing disabled completely.

I've heard enough of this good rep bad rep thing. I've been repped so many times my rear is bleeding. Didn't know how to check my rep untill yesterday anyway, still doesn't buy dinner or get the work done.

Lets simply wait and see if I get anything in the mail, if I do then some of you fella's can love someone for being lazy or trying to be a crook. Maybe he did actually take time to box it up and ship it, after a couple months and a little pressure from others, maybe the saw never did exist. None of us know.

If I don't get anything (he said he shipped it) then we'll know. I won't be supprised eiter way.

Back on Feb 22 (I think anyway) I started a similar thread, hopeing to get some response. In pinesfarm's visitor messages dated feb 22 (there again approx date) someone gave him a message to straighten out the mess. That thread was deleted by the mods, my point must not have been valid. I gave it a couple more weeks to show up. There was a label printed on Feb 8th, so he was only a couple weeks slow by then. Now in March sometime he says it's on the way, I bought it on the 10 ot 11th of Jan with a verbal agreement, sent the money on the 12th, it took me a day or so before I could get to town.

No not whining, just stateing some of the facts, dates, etc as this thread wonders so far off track that it's hard to pay attention for those who wish to.

Before sending the money, I checked out a few things on here, kid seams good, checked out anything on Google on the name, adress, etc. Heck of a nice horse operation. Even checked facebook, and his name came up on some other things to do with tractors, toy tractors, collecting, etc. Kid seams like myself years back (and still to date) so I had a good feeling about the deal.

(cut)

As you say, this has gotten "silly", and not worth the time it takes to type out the words. We all have our own perspective and opinions on this matter. . . If someone disagrees with another, fine. . . Perspectives' and opinions' aren't set in stone and can change by the minute.

If people are getting all butt-hurt over other folks doling out rep as they individually see fit. . . Tough cookies. As you say, rep is dumb -- so no need to have overtightened panties over it then right?

Somebody might be ready for some over-the-counter remedies........:greenchainsaw:

attachment.php

I have been a member for almost 2 years and though I don't post much, I do spend hours and hours reading the posts on this site. I have to say that it is a real shame that pinesfarm did what he did. Assuming that he did ship the saw and that wi50 gets the saw then he at least made the situation better - but still not right. There is no excuse for taking 3 months to ship a saw. But worse than that is that people are giving him a positive reward for coming out and saying he screwed up. I know my opinion doesn't mean much to anybody but me - but I will not be positively repping him whether he delivers the saw or not.

out of curiosity I looked up Daddy's spread - 20 acres, appraised at $1.8mil

some posts have mentioned drugs, it is a very open secret that the town has a real drug problem. lots of money and close to the not so nice city of Hartford

surprised he hasn't posted lately to say thanks for the rep or maybe he is saying thanks by PMs? yeah, that must be it the fine young man he must be

No. The problem is in giving some positive rep before he's actually DONE what he should have done in the first place.

Talk is cheap, and so far, all anybody has seen from this kid is bad actions and empty talk.

I can't see how that's reason to give positive rep. Time enough for that when he actually DOES something right.

You shouldn't bash Bush, you know. Sounds like you two have a lot in common with your warm-and-fuzzy-non-thinking "compassion". (Which isn't really compassion at all.)

Your assertions aside, the fact is that we don't know if the kids words are all empty anymore than we know that the kid straightened out. You seem to suggest, and I am sure you will correct me if I am mistaken, that we should condemn first and question that decision later. Yours may well be the safest approach but when it comes to judging the character of someone's son, I am willing to err on the side of caution. I'm sorry you feel my compassion is neither genuine nor thought out, but that is not the sort of thing I need to prove to anyone.

I hope this doesn't get into another AS grudge match because unlike Pine I really don't feel I did something that you really need to call me out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back