Need help with limbing saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigsticker

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been trying to work the kinks out of a 2.5 craftsman saw. I know, not a great saw but it's been a pretty decent for what I use it for. I can get it to crank pretty easy by giving it a shot of ether. It'll do great as long as I'm playing with the throttle. If I ever let the throttle go it'll die and I'll have to give it another shot to get it cranked again. I've rebuilt the Walbro carb, it was doing the same thing before the carb was rebuilt. I've also changed the fuel filter. What is the initial adjustment for the low and high speed screws? 1 to 1 and 1/2 turns out? Any ideas?

Last edited:
For starters and for your saws sake please stop using the ether. Its extremely bad for the P&C. Use a spray bottle with mix if need be. The carb adjust should be somewhere around 1.5 or so. I say or so because i have one thats way off that. Maybe just my saw or maybe its how they all are.

HTML:
For starters and for your saws sake please stop using the ether. Its extremely bad for the P&C. Use a spray bottle with mix if need be.
Maybe the best advice you will ever receive on this site!
How the heck did I do that????????

Last edited:
I've been trying to work the kinks out of a 2.5 craftsman saw. I know, not a great saw but it's been a pretty decent for what I use it for. I can get it to crank pretty easy by giving it a shot of ether. It'll do great as long as I'm playing with the throttle. If I ever let the throttle go it'll die and I'll have to give it another shot to get it cranked again. I've rebuilt the Walbro carb, it was doing the same thing before the carb was rebuilt. I've also changed the fuel filter. What is the initial adjustment for the low and high speed screws? 1 to 1 and 1/2 turns out? Any ideas?

Try 1 turn on both the high and low. Make sure all of your bolts are tight and your gaskets are good. You may have a air leak somewhere. The saw also might have a stuck reed valve or the impulse tube is loose.

Latest posts

Back