Need name of reputable Firewood in Southern New Jersey (NJ)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ja5

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone know of some places that have quality hard woods delivered? I setup deliveries with 2 different guys around here and neither showed nor will they respond to my phone calls. I guess they don't need the $$ right now. For the time being, I found a decent guy who has nice dry oak for an OK price, but he won't deliver. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jeff

Not really, its the heart of "red Oak" country. Everyone is selling it but not everyone is selling an honest "cord". When you do find someone selling exactly what they advertise you stick with them.

Well, I'm kinda having a hard time find a reliable, honest wood delivery co.
JKupcha, you've dealt with the person you linked to? No issues with this company?
Thanks for the responses.

Well, I'm kinda having a hard time find a reliable, honest wood delivery co.
JKupcha, you've dealt with the person you linked to? No issues with this company?
Thanks for the responses.

Yes bought wood. no problems. by the way I do know or related to this business or get any kickback. Just used them and they were honest. Good luck.

One last thing, No matter how much they tell you that it is seasoned, it takes at least a full 12months split for oak to fully seasoned. THe stuff most sell as seasoned here can be trees felled up to 2 years and waiting to be split. So even though it burns, it doesn't burn like fully seasoned oak. Most places just don't have the room or labor to split the wood a full 12 months prior to sale.
THats why I suggest buying 5-6 cords now for next winter. The differance in BTU value between the two is very great and the burning experience is so much better. Good luck.

One last thing, No matter how much they tell you that it is seasoned, it takes at least a full 12months split for oak to fully seasoned. THe stuff most sell as seasoned here can be trees felled up to 2 years and waiting to be split. So even though it burns, it doesn't burn like fully seasoned oak. Most places just don't have the room or labor to split the wood a full 12 months prior to sale.
THats why I suggest buying 5-6 cords now for next winter. The differance in BTU value between the two is very great and the burning experience is so much better. Good luck.

Thanks jkupcha. I have had issues with people 'saying' the wood is "seasoned" but when I have burned it, it seems wet and did not burn well at all. Bottom line, their are scammers out there and also legit folks. Unfortunately, seems like it is getting harder to find the good guys.:mad:
I'll give this guy a looksee.

One of the problems is state law. In some areas, firewood sellers are allowed to advertise their wood as "seasoned" if it's been processed and sitting around for as little as six months. I've had oak that's taken up to two years to season to my liking.

So anybody else know of a place to get good wood in my area? I like to keep my options open. The guy recommeded in this thread, does this as a side business so he cannot respond quickly or guarantee my delivery schedule. He also has more customers than he can keep up with, so I'm not worth to him as I'm farther away than most of his customers. :(

So anybody else know of a place to get good wood in my area? I like to keep my options open. The guy recommeded in this thread, does this as a side business so he cannot respond quickly or guarantee my delivery schedule. He also has more customers than he can keep up with, so I'm not worth to him as I'm farther away than most of his customers. :(

Offer to buy multiple cords and plan on storing that for next year. He'd probably be more willing to deliver and haggle on price.

see things like this just piss me off being a firewood dealer in ct especially the note being honest in the cord size all of our trucks we deliver wood in have marked lines to where the wood should be stacked and we hand our customers a tape measure and say go at it and make sure their is a full cord! all of our wood is stacked in the truck prior to delivery also.

and the other thing with the green wood is if you cant save the space and simply stack it at the yard where most firewood dealers dont do then dont advertise and sell 50 cord of seasoned wood when you only have say 35 0r 40 because people really don't realize how much space is saved and gained when you stack the wood.

also as a firewood burner you cant cut a tree let it sit for 12 months then split it becuase it still holds a huge amount of moisture you need to cut that tree down and split it with in a month to really get that wood seasoned and ready.

all my wood is stacked on an old tennis court that i have on my property off the ground stacked on pallets and covered by a huge tarp to keep the elements out and its worked out for me i dont see why these other dealers in my area and in everyone's cant take the time to do it right and gain a decent clientele base which will really be beneficial in the future like it has been for me.

see things like this just piss me off being a firewood dealer in ct especially the note being honest in the cord size all of our trucks we deliver wood in have marked lines to where the wood should be stacked and we hand our customers a tape measure and say go at it and make sure their is a full cord! all of our wood is stacked in the truck prior to delivery also.

and the other thing with the green wood is if you cant save the space and simply stack it at the yard where most firewood dealers dont do then dont advertise and sell 50 cord of seasoned wood when you only have say 35 0r 40 because people really don't realize how much space is saved and gained when you stack the wood.

also as a firewood burner you cant cut a tree let it sit for 12 months then split it becuase it still holds a huge amount of moisture you need to cut that tree down and split it with in a month to really get that wood seasoned and ready.

all my wood is stacked on an old tennis court that i have on my property off the ground stacked on pallets and covered by a huge tarp to keep the elements out and its worked out for me i dont see why these other dealers in my area and in everyone's cant take the time to do it right and gain a decent clientele base which will really be beneficial in the future like it has been for me.

Yeah well most members don't like being screwed out of $300 bucks!!!

Latest posts

Back