need some help in East Texas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inter_e

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello to all,
I just moved onto 20 acres in Athens, Texas and the land and trees are in tough shape. I spent my first 40 years in Alaska and I am not scared of work. Problem is I don't know Texas trees and I don't want to drop anything that I might be able to save. So I need to pay a professional to come out here to the property and let me pick his brain about the best way to make this land flourish again? Where are the legumes? What's best to grow close to the lake? What I don't want growing here? What all is growing here? Questions like that.

I have already started collecting for enough compost to distribute over a couple acres to help the soil. Also collecting mulch for the ground layer that is bare.

I tried to pay a guy named Jimmy Richard or Richardson that lives around here to help me. However, he was either drunk or off his med's and cussed out my mom over the phone thinking we were going to try and steal his brain power. Very unprofessional, so not looking for someone who has to throw F bombs to explain himself.

I hope this is in the right place and is okay to ask. If it needs to go somewhere else for the proper replies, please help me out with that.

Thanks a lot for your time in reading my post.

Steve

Back