Need steel for fabricating backhoe mounts.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04titanse

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am going to be doing some fabricating to make a mount to put a case backhoe on my John Deere 2010 track loader. I have had some trouble finding a local place to get steel. Anyone know where I can find a good steel supply house.

I will be looking for some 6" c-channel (1/4" thick) and some heavy angle iron (3x3 1/4"). The actual material size can vary.

I am located in Becket MA. I would be willing to drive as far as albany, NY, southern VT, CT and Almost anywhere in MA other than the boston area.

Thanks Guys!

I had a case 580 hoe on a JD 350 loader and it had thicker material for mounting. Take a look at a factory mount setup. My 125 Int has 1" thick material for the hoe mount.

Steel Supplier

I've been welding quite a bit this past year and have had good luck with Mid-City Steel down here in CT. Their main branch is in Westport, MA and if you are close to a customer they regularly deliver to they will throw small amounts on the truck for next to nothing for you. BTW, steel isn't cheap but they have had every odd thing I have ever needed. Good luck.

I had a case 580 hoe on a JD 350 loader and it had thicker material for mounting. Take a look at a factory mount setup. My 125 Int has 1" thick material for the hoe mount.

Thanks...I know its heavier material. The mount on my JD 2010 is all 1" plate and so is the mount for the Case 450. I am basically making one mount out of two. The steel I need is just to box everything together to stiffen it up.

Latest posts

Back