Need Tempwood firebrick!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need to find some Tempwood woodstove firebrick! Anyone know where I can get some?
They quit making the stove in '83 I think. Stove I have at present is in good shape,but a few brick have had it! Could use just regular brick but would have to do some cutting. The Tempwood firebrick is fatter at the bottom and tapers going up to the top! Would much prefer using the Tempwood brick if I can find any. Thanks!

if you can't find any, maybe..make a little mold and use some furnace cement and pour your own, let it harden, done. Maybe a cardboard and tape mold, just burn the outside off in the stove.

After having a friend, AS Member rooftopcrew, Sean, who puts in chimney liners for a living, look at my stove, I'm going with the regular firebrick doubled up and standing up! About 3"s at the end I'll have to cut a few brick to fill in! Steel plate on bottom will hold them up. Original Tempwood firebrick were much better than these new ones. Like everything today!

Back