Needed: Oem wrist pin clip substitute for Meteor MS 361 piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shawn022

shawn022

ArboristSite Guru
Hey guys, I'm looking for some oem wrist pin clips to replace ones supplied in a meteor ms 361 kit.

I need something with an 11mm wristpin and a diameter of .038in. Oem 361 clips are only .030 in diameter and disappear into the groove.
I've tried 372 clips and stihl 08s clips. They were both a perfect match in diameter but 12mm and wouldn't fit.

What saws have an 11mm pin?

jbighump

jbighump

ArboristSite Guru
i would just go with the meteor clips,,,, me and several others have had great luck so far with them knock on wood,,,, i think most of the problems seen on here arise from cheap ebay kits....i could be wrong though:cheers:

OH_Varmntr

OH_Varmntr

Burner of stored sunlight
i would just go with the meteor clips,,,, me and several others have had great luck so far with them knock on wood,,,, i think most of the problems seen on here arise from cheap ebay kits....i could be wrong though:cheers:

Do NOT go with the Meteor clips! If you search on here you'll find PLENTY of threads of people having issues with Meteor clips, including myself.

It's not worth it, go OEM for sure.

Here's what happened when I used Meteor clips on my MS360Pro.
a5d1bd4d.jpg

1f178867.jpg

0b1548c1.jpg

jbighump

jbighump

ArboristSite Guru
isnt there 2 different kinds of meteor clips one with ears and one without? i have only used 2 sets to date though and not very much run time on either. thats why i love this site everyone is always willing to help:cheers:

shawn022

shawn022

ArboristSite Guru
I believe there are 2 different clips. The ones I'm not using had no ears and no spring to them. I bent them both trying to install them. They are the first ones of any brand I have ever bent.

Since i didn't have any luck finding a replacement, I contacted Northwood Saw today to see if they knew of any replacement clips. I was suprised when I received a quick response saying they had replacements and would ship them out if I needed them.:rock:

Northwood said these clips have ears. I bought my piston kit a couple of months ago and it was an older kit in the silver box. Maybe the newer kits have the clips with the ears?

Anyways, hats off to Northwood for awesome service.