Never introduced myself

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LumberJack1940

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Like the title says I realized I never really introduced myself when I joined a year ago. Well to start my name is Jack, born and raised in a logging town in California. just graduated high school not to long ago, been running saws since I don't know when, started out with the 10-10 lightweight Mac in my sig. Collecting and restoring old tools especially axes was my hobby before I got CAD. Not really brand specific when it comes to saws and tools just as long as they're quality, but I do tend to use some more than others. My nicknames through high school were lumberjack and hotsaw, was the only kid that brought saws to work on in auto shop. My shop teacher was always bringing me chains to sharpen, saws and some oddball things to tune and fix, mauls and axes to rehang handles on, and stuff he needed welded and fabricated. My friends and a lot of other people always brought me tools and knives to sharpen, they say I'm pretty good at it. I have learned a lot on this site since joining thanks to a lot of good knowledgeable people on here thank you all for the help. Here are some pics of the collection of woodcutting tools I have so far, still need to get a saw ported haha (pioneer isn't mine and there is a hatchet missing along with the 181se)
amevudab.jpg

That's a sweet little collection you got there, what are you doing now, work or school.

Welcome to AS. You sound like youll fit right in with this bunch. Very cool that you collect axes,I dont hear of too many doing that. :)

Looks like you are headed in a good direction.Nice collection.
Thank you ironworker, Right now I'm looking for jobs locally and then after a little bit I'm thinking about going to lineman college, getting certifired for tree climbing or wildland fire fighting.
Thank you Rookie1, yeah not a lot of people I know collect them. I restore them, sharpen them. rehang handles, and use 'em haha for the double bits I hand shape them into octagonal handles
Thank you lwhaples, still don't have some saws I've wanted forever. here are a few, mcculloch 840 (stepdad used to have one back in the day when he got home from vietnam but sold it back in the late 70's) mcculloch sp125, mcculloch 895, mcculloch 5-10g, husqvarna 2101xp, stihl 090, husqvarna 288xp, poulan 5400, poulan 6000. haha I can dream can't I.
I'll get some more pics of the collection and the other collections

Thank you ironworker, Right now I'm looking for jobs locally and then after a little bit I'm thinking about going to lineman college, getting certifired for tree climbing or wildland fire fighting.
Thank you Rookie1, yeah not a lot of people I know collect them. I restore them, sharpen them. rehang handles, and use 'em haha for the double bits I hand shape them into octagonal handles
Thank you lwhaples, still don't have some saws I've wanted forever. here are a few, mcculloch 840 (stepdad used to have one back in the day when he got home from vietnam but sold it back in the late 70's) mcculloch sp125, mcculloch 895, mcculloch 5-10g, husqvarna 2101xp, stihl 090, husqvarna 288xp, poulan 5400, poulan 6000. haha I can dream can't I.
I'll get some more pics of the collection and the other collections
I just noticed you are from Calaveras, I use to go there all the time when I lived in San Francisco, Big Trees I believe and also is that where they have the bullfrog races or jumping competition, it's been over thirty years since I've been there, beautiful country. Is it still as prestine.

I just noticed you are from Calaveras, I use to go there all the time when I lived in San Francisco, Big Trees I believe and also is that where they have the bullfrog races or jumping competition, it's been over thirty years since I've been there, beautiful country. Is it still as prestine.
small world huh, yes they have the jumping frog jubilee every year in may, it is beautiful up here. it's still pristine in some places around calaveras

Nice intro Jack, and good luck with your pursuits. A long time ago I determined I wanted to have a gun collection, like my Uncle had. So I made a plan to buy one firearm each year. It seemed like a real long term thing at the time, but I had to stop years ago, just got too many! A few dozen plus is enough!

Big Trees is also over there, correct or sequoia national park.

Very nice lineup!

Nice intro Jack, and good luck with your pursuits. A long time ago I determined I wanted to have a gun collection, like my Uncle had. So I made a plan to buy one firearm each year. It seemed like a real long term thing at the time, but I had to stop years ago, just got too many! A few dozen plus is enough!
yes big trees is up here as well. Thank you zogger and mustangmike, yeah I agree. i predict I'll be up to my neck in saws soon haha

Here are some better pics of the fleet, the hatchet that was missing yesterday. Didn't want to get all the handsaws and planes out so I just included some chisels and a NOS Yankee screwdriver. The 181se is waiting for a woodruff key that should be here today or tomorrow.All my tools are hand sharpened, the axes are filed and then finished with stones and a strop
e7u6adun.jpg
yte2u8ad.jpg
ytajumus.jpg

Latest posts

Back