Never loan out your saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was " loaned " to my sister in laws roommate. My brother passed a few years back and she took a friend in as a roomy, they had trees but no firewood and no working saw. I had received the poulan free from another friend that I do saw work for, it ran well when loaned out. I'm guessing it will still function well, just looks bad. Can't tell from the pictures but it's a 3800. I will take more pictures after the cleanup.:cool:

Yeah, that's bullcrap. There are about three people walking this earth I would loan a saw to that I am confident they would treat it better than their own... Two of those are my own brothers.
I had a tri z Yamaha it was a 3 wheeler with 250 yz motor in it water cooled. It was very Wicked ride. They were very light. And power was endless like a Honda 250r . When it comes to loaning chainsaws . You say you can barrow mine but you need to buy a chain . It works Everytime they never barrow it . [emoji106][emoji16]

Woodblocker55

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

image.jpg image.jpg
I had a tri z Yamaha it was a 3 wheeler with 250 yz motor in it water cooled. It was very Wicked ride. They were very light. And power was endless like a Honda 250r . When it comes to loaning chainsaws . You say you can barrow mine but you need to buy a chain . It works Everytime they never barrow it . [emoji106][emoji16]

Woodblocker55

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Good news is, it still run great, just spent an hour cleaning, tuning and sharpening. This saw will cut wood with a modern saw, just not as fast. Took a peek at the piston, looks like new.:cool:

It's just really bad manners. I would loan my saws to anyone who I would also loan a couple of hundered buck to. On the other hand, those people I love. So I won't loan it and come help them out. Even the people I love ( it could even make it more probable) might be morons or have no mechanical sympathy. And try to one-hand standing on a ladder. Or don't know what dogs are or kickback. Protective clothing? Yes I have earplugs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

wish there were more of these poulans around where i live. i'd like to have one as a firewood saw. one i can build to the tits to be a real sleeper saw.
Looking at the specs this saw only turns 8500, I bet it could be uped a couple of K pretty easily. Mines not been molested, YET!:cool:

I have a strict no saw or tool borrowing policy, like svk I would just assume do the work for you than loan a tool.

Whenever someone asks to borrow, I say, just imagine what it would be like if you had your own................. magical idea isnt....... :cool:

If I use someone's saw IRS treated better than my own and that's pretty damned good! Sorry for your saw buddy.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I have a strict no saw or tool borrowing policy, like svk I would just assume do the work for you than loan a tool.

Whenever someone asks to borrow, I say, just imagine what it would be like if you had your own................. magical idea isnt....... :cool:

Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only person that borrows my tools is my brother and my best friend he almost 80 and still tilling a garden. only people that borrow my chainsaw tools is a local ace hardware and that is because they order them for me at cost. had a guy come to the shop one time wanting to borrow a carb tool, said he would bring it right back. im like why didnt you bring the saw with you. lets just say he didnt get the carb tool

Loaned out a skid steer once. Had about $500 damage to it when returned, not including the paint all scratched to heck. When I made a list and expected the parts, I was told I was being too anal. Busted out 2 lights, broke the wiper arm off, bent a grab handle on the cab which twisted the whole cab a bit so now door is hard to close, scratched the crap out of the windshield, bent a step, bent the exhaust.

Next time I got asked, tough ****, go rent one. Not like skid steers are cheap, can but a nice car for what one costs!

Latest posts

Back