Never loan out your saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grizz55chev
This was " loaned " to my sister in laws roommate. My brother passed a few years back and she took a friend in as a roomy, they had trees but no firewood and no working saw. I had received the poulan free from another friend that I do saw work for, it ran well when loaned out. I'm guessing it will still function well, just looks bad. Can't tell from the pictures but it's a 3800. I will take more pictures after the cleanup.:cool:

Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

ArboristSite Operative
Yeah, that's bullcrap. There are about three people walking this earth I would loan a saw to that I am confident they would treat it better than their own... Two of those are my own brothers.
I had a tri z Yamaha it was a 3 wheeler with 250 yz motor in it water cooled. It was very Wicked ride. They were very light. And power was endless like a Honda 250r . When it comes to loaning chainsaws . You say you can barrow mine but you need to buy a chain . It works Everytime they never barrow it . [emoji106][emoji16]

Woodblocker55

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

grizz55chev
image.jpg image.jpg
I had a tri z Yamaha it was a 3 wheeler with 250 yz motor in it water cooled. It was very Wicked ride. They were very light. And power was endless like a Honda 250r . When it comes to loaning chainsaws . You say you can barrow mine but you need to buy a chain . It works Everytime they never barrow it . [emoji106][emoji16]

Woodblocker55

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Good news is, it still run great, just spent an hour cleaning, tuning and sharpening. This saw will cut wood with a modern saw, just not as fast. Took a peek at the piston, looks like new.:cool:

foeke

foeke

ArboristSite Operative
It's just really bad manners. I would loan my saws to anyone who I would also loan a couple of hundered buck to. On the other hand, those people I love. So I won't loan it and come help them out. Even the people I love ( it could even make it more probable) might be morons or have no mechanical sympathy. And try to one-hand standing on a ladder. Or don't know what dogs are or kickback. Protective clothing? Yes I have earplugs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

grizz55chev
wish there were more of these poulans around where i live. i'd like to have one as a firewood saw. one i can build to the tits to be a real sleeper saw.
Looking at the specs this saw only turns 8500, I bet it could be uped a couple of K pretty easily. Mines not been molested, YET!:cool:

backhoelover

backhoelover

Free service manuals and service tool info
only person that borrows my tools is my brother and my best friend he almost 80 and still tilling a garden. only people that borrow my chainsaw tools is a local ace hardware and that is because they order them for me at cost. had a guy come to the shop one time wanting to borrow a carb tool, said he would bring it right back. im like why didnt you bring the saw with you. lets just say he didnt get the carb tool

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Loaned out a skid steer once. Had about $500 damage to it when returned, not including the paint all scratched to heck. When I made a list and expected the parts, I was told I was being too anal. Busted out 2 lights, broke the wiper arm off, bent a grab handle on the cab which twisted the whole cab a bit so now door is hard to close, scratched the crap out of the windshield, bent a step, bent the exhaust.

Next time I got asked, tough ****, go rent one. Not like skid steers are cheap, can but a nice car for what one costs!

Latest posts