New Chip Truck: What to Buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What to Buy

• Used Penske Truck (inexpensive, 100k miles?)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • New Ford F-650 (warranty, quality?)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • New Chevy 6500 (warranty, service?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New GMC 6500 (warranty, service?)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • New Sterling/International/Mack/Kenworth/Freightliner

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But Nick... I was under the impression that everyone in WI was just MADE of money... or at least that's the impression you give.

pacific... trust me, you CAN get 22.5 rubber to spin. ;)

On dry pavement :D

If Nick needs a automatic then he better look at the new Internationals the 466 and a juicer work fairly well together. Some of the utility companies are going to automatics in their International trucks.

can't quite get my head round all the talk of wieght's on american trucks bot our main truck is 7500kg lorry.how does this compare with some of nick's pics:confused:

Originally posted by blue
netree,
do you like it.bear in mind it'll do over 100mph:D not joking

Towed behind your truck right? That's a trailer isn't it?

will crack 100mph under her own steam.just coz my car's got 3 wheels don't take the pi$$:(

oy blue i knew a guy up here that put a cosworth engine in one of them death traps . the guy was do-lally, them robin reliants are very quick in a straight line as standard :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Pacific
On dry pavement :D

If Nick needs a automatic then he better look at the new Internationals the 466 and a juicer work fairly well together. Some of the utility companies are going to automatics in their International trucks.
HELLO! I'm right HERE! You don't have to use the third person. :angry:

We have a 4900/466, and I love it. The new ones, like I said, start at $64,000, though. It was fun to drive and had plenty of power. Just a wee bit pricey.....we're not that high margin, yet.

Originally posted by Nickrosis
HELLO! I'm right HERE! You don't have to use the third person. :angry:

Third-person was proper. He was talking to ME about YOU.

Have you settled on a truck yet?

highpoint,
i'm not a big fan of turbo engines after some scary repair bills for a renault 5turbo a few years ago:( .as for engine replacement i was thinking more along the lines of a hayabusa susuki.aint as bad as most people think round corners you just gotta keep it smooth

Still trying to figure out if you're serious:confused:
Would make a good estimate and advertising vehicle.
At the Motorcycle dealership I used to work at they used to sell those Pulse things, actually I don't think they sold many because they were street legal but nobody would insure them.
MVC-549F.jpg

ha ha them poms have some good lingo!hey nick i know you dont like cab overs but there easier to drive/back dont know how they handle the cold.

Latest posts

Back