New Dolmar 60cc strato saw, PS 6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So god prefers that our so called freedom gives us the right to completely destroy our environment. OK then.

Essentially, yes. Our lives, just like our world, is ours to make the most or the least out of. Our actions by default are the results of our decisions based off of our prerogatives, which then lead their own consequences (also ours). The Constitution is very simple and plain and denotes what the Gov' CAN do which is very legally limited. Everything else is on us. I believe in being a good steward of the land, not being wasteful and in taking care of my family. If that means re-tuning my equipment as I see fit to better enable it's own longevity and ultimate output for my and everyone's benefit, so be it. If I re-tune a VW Jetta diesel to ultimately make a few more emissions per gallon, while making another 12-18 miles per gallon, I'm ultimately still doing the environment and my wallet, a favor. Seeing as you brought up God, we will all be judged by Him in the end. I could care less about other's judgement.

Back to equipment,
I do need to pick up a pair of these. I may have one of these saws eventually and I DO have a pull-on pole-saw that a neighbor gave me to re-tune as it isn't running right. I think that it may have a small air leak, but it could be tuning or simply crap built-up from not being drained before being put away and very little run time over a long period. It only runs on mid to full choke and then not right. When you take the choke off, it leans out and dies and has the same stupid adjustment screws. Unfortunately I don't have a dremel or similar mini-cutoff tool.

I don't know why they made that model...:confused:

Was it a marketing idea that went afoul???

Not that they're bad, just sort of no home for them. Who would have been the targeted consumer group?

It was meant to replace the 365, but that did of course never happen....

Back to equipment,
I do need to pick up a pair of these. I may have one of these saws eventually and I DO have a pull-on pole-saw that a neighbor gave me to re-tune as it isn't running right. I think that it may have a small air leak, but it could be tuning or simply crap built-up from not being drained before being put away and very little run time over a long period. It only runs on mid to full choke and then not right. When you take the choke off, it leans out and dies and has the same stupid adjustment screws. Unfortunately I don't have a dremel or similar mini-cutoff tool.

Use a slip on female spade connector. Slip the tubular connector end on over those splined screws, pinch it, maybe even a small drop of glue, then a small regular flatblade will work in the female connector part. Small size obviously.

I'm still trying to figure out how modding my saw for better lingevuty and production is killing panda bears or melting ice caps

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm still trying to figure out how modding my saw for better lingevuty and production is killing panda bears or melting ice caps

It probably isn't. And I'm not a huge fan of the EPA myself. However, I wonder what condition our environment would be if the EPA took your stance 40 years ago VS the protecting the environment and air quality stance it went with instead. Pollution has been declining since the EPA was formed, while the population has grown by more than 50%. Would your stance have had the same effect on the environment? God might judge you later, but in the meantime, as you sow, so shall you reap. Personally speaking, I am only leasing this spot. I don't intend to buy it ;) Man, hippies love it when I say that to them.

It probably isn't. And I'm not a huge fan of the EPA myself. However, I wonder what condition our environment would be if the EPA took your stance 40 years ago VS the protecting the environment and air quality stance it went with instead. Pollution has been declining since the EPA was formed, while the population has grown by more than 50%. Would your stance have had the same effect on the environment? God might judge you later, but in the meantime, as you sow, so shall you reap. Personally speaking, I am only leasing this spot. I don't intend to buy it ;) Man, hippies love it when I say that to them.

I agree with that. What I am totally against is the lack of sense and the runaway agenda of minimizing or eliminating via illegal decree, just about every method available to normal folks to better provide for themselves or attemp to be a bit more self sufficient. I don't abide by littering and trashing the environment. That said I won't artificially handicap myself to appease some washington liberal or environmental nut. Truth be told many would like to see human kind do away to "save" the planet. Sonewhere there is a middle ground between polluting like China and other countries and following the czarist model of California. Is artificially limiting/starving the power grid and making many people unemployed worth the "good" it does for the environment? When a genuinely viable, sustainable, reliable and more ecologically friendly alternative arrives for electricity is invented, I'll back it 110%. Until then the coal and Nuclear power we have now is much better then any of the current alternatives.

Back to saws I would truly like to try this 6100.

Back