New ES Light 20" Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both my MS-440R and my 361 run ES Light bars (28" and 20" respectively) and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I've also found that the aluminum insert used in the ES Light bars seems to dissipate heat faster than a standard ES bar, resulting in less slack in the chain once warmed up.
they dont have aluminum inserts...... they are hollow with two long "ribs" that run the length of the hollow section...... i know for a fact because for reasons im embarrased to admit i was able to cut open a 32" ES light bar and take a peak inside...

And, the shorter the bar, the less difference it makes for any brand. There's less to cut out and replace with lighter material.
Agree, as an overall percentage savings on a 20" including powerhead. Not significant. Also standard E laminate bar lighter than ES and a way cheaper than the Stihl Light. I did get Total / Tsumura Light for 20" for 362 and 24" for 046 from Nate@ford150 and 36" for 661 from a member. Agree the Stihl Lights are lighter but I got all for a fraction of Stihl cost and I don't have to carry any very far.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

My local dealer wanted $124 for the ES light 20" and I can get a Tsumura for around $70-80. I really just wanted to try something different then the standard Rollomatic E. When you guys are talking about the stihl light do you mean the E light or ES? I would like to see how the weight of an ES light compares to the Tsumura.

My local dealer wanted $124 for the ES light 20" and I can get a Tsumura for around $70-80. I really just wanted to try something different then the standard Rollomatic E. When you guys are talking about the stihl light do you mean the E light or ES? I would like to see how the weight of an ES light compares to the Tsumura.
The Stihl Lightweights are ES. A standard laminated E is lighter than standard ES bar but not as well strong although I have an 028 salvaged from a fire. The standard E bar was blistered but still runs smoothly. Stihl also offers Light E bars for small saws. Have one on 020T top handle.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Ok I have seen the e light in 14” but I did not realize they were only for the smaller saws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back