New Fangled Central Boiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngzcaz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well... it must be new fangled. I was at my brothers garage the other day
and a semi retired guy w/ lots of money bought a new CB, hooked it up, and proudly pronounced it would heat his house and shop ( approx 7000 sq ft ) with 2 1/2 to 3 cords of wood. I said you mean a month ( pocono mts of NE Pa. ) dont you.. said nope, a year.
Rather than argue the point I told him to see me in January if he wanted to rethink his estimate. This was a former self proclaimed " tree expert " who sold wood by the cord for about 10 years. ... damn, wish I'd bought a CB like that.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

I think he was very mixed up with his info!!!! That is the biggest bunch of bull$hit I have ever heard. My friend has one of those and he burns about 2 cords a month for alot smaller amount of sf.:dizzy:

Does he have the new 2300? If so it is only suppose to use 2/3 the wood of a 6048. I hope it is dual fuel ready because he is going to need some gas. I don't think you could heat all that area with efficient indoor wood stoves with 5 to 6 cords of wood let alone an outdoor unit.

I have a CB about 10 yrs old.It is the middle sized one.They claim up to a 72 hr burn.NEVER,EVER !!!!!!! I have a 2600 sq ft house in upstate NY.I mostly burn pine and poplar with some maple and cherry mixed in.I burn about 8-9 cord a season.I have to put wood in once a day in the morning and then throw in a few chunks at nite.You might get the advertised 72 hr burn if you used it in the summer.But I also keep my house at 73 degrees in the living area of the house because I have cathedral ceilings and 68 in the bedrooms.

Does he have the new 2300? If so it is only suppose to use 2/3 the wood of a 6048. I hope it is dual fuel ready because he is going to need some gas. I don't think you could heat all that area with efficient indoor wood stoves with 5 to 6 cords of wood let alone an outdoor unit.

+1

The newest model uses gasification to get a more cleaner and more efficient burn but 2 1/2 cords seems a little on the light side.

Last edited:
A friend of mine has a 5036 CB & heats his home + 3 car garage/shop building with it, both well insulated. His sq. footage is only 5K sq. ft. and he uses about 6 cords of wood to heat both all winter.

I've been looking at the newer CB that gasifies and it looks good, but not as good as this guy thinks. I'd guess he'll need at least 6-7 cords if he's well insulated & who knows if he's not.......

Latest posts

Back