New Gaff pad recommendation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmezz88

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I currently am climbing on steel buckingham gaffs with weaver super climber pads. I have been considering upgrading and was wondering what other peoples opinions or experiences have been with different pads? Thanks in advance guys.

I haven't found pads any more comfortable than the Weaver Super Climber Pads. I bought a set of Gecko climbers with the padded fiberglass shin cuffs. Climbed on them for about 15 min and had to go back to my Bashlins with Super Pads. The Geckos are nice gaffs but I have bony shins and the dug into my leg. So I have a new pair of Geckos hanging in the shop.

I really like the buckingham velcro wrap pads. I have them on several pairs of spikes. I don't know that they are an upgrade over the weaver super climber pads though. I think a lot of it is finding what fits you comfortably.

I have climb right aluminum pads and i love em. Don't even know i have them on. And they fit different brands of gaffs. Reasonably priced too.

I haven't found pads any more comfortable than the Weaver Super Climber Pads. I bought a set of Gecko climbers with the padded fiberglass shin cuffs. Climbed on them for about 15 min and had to go back to my Bashlins with Super Pads. The Geckos are nice gaffs but I have bony shins and the dug into my leg. So I have a new pair of Geckos hanging in the shop.
The super pads are very comfy, but I have been wanting to try something with a metal insert that angle the gaff points towards the tree. I have no gripes with them so far. Thanks for your insight! :)

I really like the buckingham velcro wrap pads. I have them on several pairs of spikes. I don't know that they are an upgrade over the weaver super climber pads though. I think a lot of it is finding what fits you comfortably.
I would love to try them on, but unfortunately I don't have an arborist supplier in my area.

Did you have any issues with them digging into your shins at all?
No but i let a guy try them he said they did. But i have stubby legs he was kind of tall. I think they where to low on his legs. I ware mine right under the knee. I know i love them. Had a pair get stolen, i went and bought another pair. It makes all the difference in the world to be pain free.

Latest posts

Back