New here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have 3 Chain saws. A 162 SE husky has been a great saw for me all the years I have owned it. Just noraml stuff like bars and chains and one carb rebuild.

A EPA 55 Husky is my second. Hasn't been such a good saw. Got fine saw dust in the carb causeing the fuel mix to not flow right and scuffed a piston. Took it to a shop and got it repaired, it lasted 4 months and has did it again.
Figured out I could pop the caps off the flow neddles and adjust for a richer mixture but I haven't re built it yet.

The third is a Jonsered 2159T.
Easier to say what I like about this saw. It has power.
Muffler is vented so you burn your hand if you cut long in warm weather even with gloves on.
At 2 years the chain brake which has a plastic plunger broke. At 3 years the bar oiler stopped working I supposed it is plastic too.

A question about the drive sprocket on the 162 SE.
What is the nut rotation to remove the clutch and replace the drive sprocket.

I also have a Wright saw like this one. My dad bought it new in the late 50's
HPIM0646.jpg

Thanks.

:greenchainsaw: Al

Last edited:
The nut rotation is clockwise or right. They are reversed threads on the clutches. I use a rope as a piston stop, works great.

Welcome to the site. There's alot of good info here and I'm sure your going to like it. Like the rest of us, I predict that your saw collection will grow tremendously over the next year! :clap:

My daddy said you didn't have to be crazy to live in this world, But is sure helps a lot.

No way I am adding to the count of saws I have. I can't use but one at a time as it is.

If I could get rid of the EPA 55 and that 2159T I would buy another new saw A Husky of some sort.

I would buy one of these too if I could find a good one cheap.

My brother had/has one. It fit in a cupboard in the camper real well and cut a lot of camp fire wood.
It also was a great little limbing saw. It sure was a loud thing though.

Thanks for the welcome.

I had thought that the clutch nut was righty loosey and lefty tighty. I also use a chunk of rope as a piston stop.
Thanks.

:D Al

Last edited:
only run one at a time huuu. You will have a few more saws by next year if you stick around here.

Welcome to AS,

Q No way I am adding to the count of saws I have. I can't use but one at a time as it is. Q

Famous last words. Enter that in the official meeting minutes. To be brought out and reviewed in a year........

alleyyooper,
Welcome to the site!
Are your bees doing well this year? draught seems to be taking it's toll around here.
Brian

rob,
u done 4 the day?:)

Last edited:
Welcome Al......My "egg" guy also does bees/honey....Good stuff, along with your saws!.....:cheers:

Yes some one keep that in the report. Alley is not going to add to the saw count he owns.

Our bees seem to be doing well and are ready to go into winter. Still need to feed some their fumigillin B yet. We lost 63% to Nosma Creana last winter/spring. Got a good honey harvest despite the colony numbers being down 20 some from last year. Also the Fact that about 50% of our bees were spring nucs.

Garden View aparies comes from the wifes 3800 square feet of Perennial flower beds not the mention the many flowering shrubs and trees.

:D Al

Latest posts

Back