New HF Tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Obvious

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody notice the blue breaker and spinner and the yellow bandsaw sawmill in the recent Harbor Freight catalog received a few weeks ago.

One of these was listed as a new item if I remember correctly.

Some people don't mind paying again.......and again.......and again

i saw a guy with a license plate frame that said

"i brake for harbor freight tools"
:dizzy:

Anybody notice the blue breaker and spinner and the yellow bandsaw sawmill in the recent Harbor Freight catalog received a few weeks ago.

One of these was listed as a new item if I remember correctly.

Mr. Obvious, who'd you piss off so much to get the neg rep? :dizzy:

I don't like Harbour Freight, for the fact that they specialize in Chinese made crap, but that's just me...

i pick up a few things there, but a lot of what they sell is junk. I bought a hatchet there 2 years ago that I use to bust up kindling, and its been a good tool. I buy air stuff like blow guns, fittings, etc, without problems. I also buy their pry bars and sleever bars because they usually walk off before htey wear out. However I dont buy anything like ratchets or power tools there. I made that mistake once.

I get a couple things there. Things like hammers are OK, can't go wrong there. I just tried some nylon zip ties I got from them, broke when tightened. I looked at that electric saw chain sharpener, walked away from that POS. Some things are OK, most are not. I looked at that chain breaker picture online, if it is close to tolerance, should work. I will check it tomorrow at the store and see how it looks.

I only need a breaker/spinner every now and then. At less than half the cost for this junk, if it lasts a few years, (till I sell it on Ebay) I may snag one. Did I say that? I HATE China crap, never mind. I have several reloading presses, may convert one to a breaker. What could be used or converted to a rivet spinner?

$50 for that crap from HF.

Why not just spend the $50 on a nice spinner from Baileys or some place.

I don't need to spend another $50 or so for a breaker, I just walk the chain over to my bench grinder, grind the rivits off and presto broke chain....

Harbor Freight's grinding wheels are pretty good, they outlast the name brand wheels I can get around here. I've got a little air compressor I bought from them in a pinch, I can't kill it. I use their wrenches when I'm working a crew. Wrenches magicly quit disapearing, now I've just got to replenish my good set.

Most of Harbor Freight's stuff is pure crap. Buyer beware.

Andy

I once bought a set of 1/2" impact extensions from them, my 30 plus year old worn the @#*& out CP 734 impact gun torqued one of the extensions 360 degrees around and snapped the head off. The other two in the set are tough as titanium. What gives!

I have a love hate relationship with them, I hate buying Chinese crap but I love buying a specialty tool for cheap when I only need it only once, or very infrequently. I don't think I would put a lot of trust in a tool they sell being used to fasten down bits of razor sharp hardened steel that spin about at great speed near your sensitive parts.

i saw a guy with a license plate frame that said

"i brake for harbor freight tools"
:dizzy:

It should read:

"I break Harbor Freight tools"

I break 4 Harbor Freight tools...

Daily

"Sell me down the "Red" River Valley....
While I sit in my workshop and cry......
Out of work 'cause my job went to China....
And my "Power Horse" won't start, I wonder why."

(sung to the tune of Red River Valley)

Not that hard to predict the outcome here,
we have done it to ourselves......

"......for whatsoever a man soweth,
that shall he also reap." Gal. 6:7

I have their 1/2" drive impact sockets and they hold up pretty good for what they are.Bought them after the local SNAP-ON dealer said they hold up pretty good and cannot beat the price especially if they are not used on a daily basis.He said he has heard only good things about those sockets from other mechanics.That is why I bought them.

Back